Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Native Ringtone Converter

Exclamation Native Ringtone Converter
    A few times now ive been over a friends house who had a ringtone ive wanted. to get this on my phone ive had to download converting software and then download iDemocracy to get the tone loaded on to my phone. then i have to reload all my tones.. this sucks

i would be nice if i could just scp a 25 second mp3 to my phone. then run a native ring tone converter which automatically converts whatever is in the working directory to the proper format, then gets the current plist and adds the new tone to the list.

and easy 1 click native ringtone app

iPhone? More like MyPhone KingRedmer's Avatar
    Thanks

I would also like to see something like this. With the new safari download plug-in and cellsea.com free ringtone site, I could just download a ringtone as .mp3, open the converter, and have it save the converted file to the ringtones library. That would be so freakin' sweet! I hope someone can accomplish this!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

easiest method byfar, put whatever .mp3 file of any 25sec sound clip on ur itunes and transfer them over. i always relable the artist to "ringtone" so it stays in a catagory that i know its at in my ipod section so i don't play them later.

next open ur installer.app and install "sendsong" app

open sendsong app and go thru your selected ringtones from earlier that you sync'd using itunes. select the song and then select "set as ringtone"

when u go to settings>sounds>ringtone it'll be there under "custom"

i did this til i had over 30 ringtones then i went thru my contacts and set custom ringtones for each specific person. now i know whos calling before i even look at my phone

goodluck and ask any questions needed if you get confused.

Why don't you guys use garage band ? It works with ringtones an itunes now.