Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Share Music Wirelessly To Other iPhones/iPod Touches

Default Share Music Wirelessly To Other iPhones/iPod Touches
    Personally I hate the zune. There is however, a little feature that I did find pretty sweet about it, but even that was restricted and that was the ability to send songs wirelessly to other zunes around you.

So why not rejoice and have an application that could possibly send songs to your buddies around you wirelessly on the celluar network or wifi?

I mean this could be done, use the "Sendfile" application, find what directory your songs are in, and then pretty much email your buddies the song. The only thing would be, how would they download the song from their iPod Touch/iPhone?

I think this would be a great addition to the apps already out there. If by any chance something like this already exists, please point me in that direction. But as of now, I don't know anything that does this. So who is with me, put the Zune to shame?

Hmm.. ths would be a cool feature. Sending it over a wi-fi network basically leaves it open for anybody to grab.

Doesnt the Zune Bluetooth the songs?

Maybe somehow the iPhone can bluetooth the songs? Even though it seems to have very limited BT >_<
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent J. View Post
    Hmm.. ths would be a cool feature. Sending it over a wi-fi network basically leaves it open for anybody to grab.

Doesnt the Zune Bluetooth the songs?

Maybe somehow the iPhone can bluetooth the songs? Even though it seems to have very limited BT >_<
    -----
    Not sure about bluetooth in the Zune. Anyway, what sucks about the zune is that you can only play the songs a few times before you have to buy it and its not really "Yours" sort of speak. I'm going to fiddle around with this concept but I think this might be accomplished with what tools are already out there.

couldnt you just use the sendsong program? that way you can send the song to anyone you want. and if your both on wifi its a piece of cake. but with bluetooth, good luck with that lol/

hi,

My idea is to write a little python cgi script that can be accesed over apache/lighttpd that lists all the mp3s on the iPhone/touch.
    You could simply connect to your friends touch over http with safari, enter a password and then see all mp3 by interpret, song, album and so on.

Does anyone know how to read the music database? Its not sqlite like most other DBS on the touch. There are already a couple of apps that can read the db like ttr, so it should be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by crashx View Post
    hi,

My idea is to write a little python cgi script that can be accesed over apache/lighttpd that lists all the mp3s on the iPhone/touch.
    You could simply connect to your friends touch over http with safari, enter a password and then see all mp3 by interpret, song, album and so on.

Does anyone know how to read the music database? Its not sqlite like most other DBS on the touch. There are already a couple of apps that can read the db like ttr, so it should be no problem.
    ---------------
    That could work suppose, and it sounds logicial to do it your way. But what about downloading the MP3, I mean how does that work. When I click on an MP3 file when browsing, it just launches the player and it starts streaming. Maybe this idea could make its way into developers hands and put the zune to shame. I don't know personally why Microsoft wants to play catchup, they should do unique things on their own, instead of taking ideas from other companies, such as Apple.

Thanks

What is the "share" button do in send song? i never really got it to work? This is a great idea but what is already possible is to download the safari plugin from installer.app that lets u download files... then you can go to seeqmusic(.com) and download songs straight from there and then play them in send song... (too bad they dont go right into your library tho)

Quote Originally Posted by ma5t3rw1tt View Post
    ---------------
    That could work suppose, and it sounds logicial to do it your way. But what about downloading the MP3, I mean how does that work. When I click on an MP3 file when browsing, it just launches the player and it starts streaming. Maybe this idea could make its way into developers hands and put the zune to shame. I don't know personally why Microsoft wants to play catchup, they should do unique things on their own, instead of taking ideas from other companies, such as Apple.
    you can download it using HistoryDL (its an app that looks into your history file and then lets you download the file). So you just open safari, then the mp3 in the media player. Then close the media player go to HistoryDL and download it using it.

I see what your saying as far as individual songs are concerned. I would love to swap songs and tastes with people all over the world just individual song to song. However, the alternative for now is downloading the simplify media app. If you friend individuals you can stream all their music and playlists to your iphone. I use it and it works pretty well (You need a wifi connection) hopefully they will fix that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by volly20 View Post
    I see what your saying as far as individual songs are concerned. I would love to swap songs and tastes with people all over the world just individual song to song. However, the alternative for now is downloading the simplify media app. If you friend individuals you can stream all their music and playlists to your iphone. I use it and it works pretty well (You need a wifi connection) hopefully they will fix that.
    That's still not as good as it could be. What would be good is using Bonjour to access all the iPhones/iPod Touches on the network you are on.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

DropCopy is a great file sharing program, you can share music and program files over the same networn and when u share music it puts it in the inbox in dropcopy, maybe some further features in this app would make a great music sharing program

sorry for doublepost, internet acting up
    Last edited by kpace1; 2008-01-21 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by kpace1 View Post
    DropCopy is a great file sharing program, you can share music and program files over the same networn and when u share music it puts it in the inbox in dropcopy, maybe some further features in this app would make a great music sharing program
    Yar, DropCopy already does this and its magical. iPhones have to be on the same Wifi, but can share music. I don't know how the license works in it as I have never used it for music - but it does work nice for files.

Thanks

another cool application is simplify media where your iTunes library acts as a server and as long as that server is up on whoevers computer you can listen (not download however) to their music... you can invite up to 30 friends to check out their music you just need to be on a wifi connection

wow guys so much good advice and help coming from you all. I am going to try some of your suggestions and see how it all works out