Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winpwn 2.0 2g

Default Winpwn 2.0 2g
    I have just winpwned my new 2.0 2g iphone. I have a couple of questions:

1. It came with cydia(sp?) on it and I was wondering if I need to get this "installer" app that I have been hearing about also?

2. I do not want to use edge, so I have been told to use either Bossprefs or services.app, is there a differance, and how do I get the services one?

3. Cydia says that it has few critical updates, are they doing anything bad? I have heard people say that updating ruins the phone.

4. I have also been seeing alot of posts relating to SSH to install apps, did winpwn enable this for me when I installed it or do I need to do it myself? (IIRC ssh just allows my computer to send and receive files from the iphone).

5. Just to make sure that I don't get charged for data, I am going to enable the data block on my phone line, this won't have any effect when I disable EDGE as well? I am just double securing that I cannot be charged.

Thank you very much for your help. I am new to the iphone and want to make sure I don't hurt anything.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

1: Installer is not yet released for 2.0

I have a feeling it will be better supported though, so once it is out, get it.

2: Bossprefs is services + more... so don't bother with services. Services isn't available for 2.0 anyway.

3: Haven't heard anything on that one, its working fine for me.

4: Search for SSH in Cydia, install that, then use Bossprefs to toggle it on and off.
    You'll obvisouly need an FTP (SSH) client on your PC too.

5: Not entirely sure what your question is there.