Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: % battery left

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default % battery left
    I have heard of an application that changes the battery icon to show percentage of battery left, but I can not find anywhere. Can someone tell me the name of application and how to get. I have 1.1.2 iphone with installer loaded. Thanks.

try this source: homepage.mac.com/reinholdpenner/112.xml
    you want the aqwoah battery. i think there are a few more out there but thats the one i know/use.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default aqwoah battery
    Yes, I want aqwoah battery, but when I copy and paste the address you give I get sorry can not find homepage you've requested.

What am I doing wrong and I appreciate help.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you're supposed to add the link to your source in installer on your phone

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default aqwoah
    I don't think this is what I am after. I want to change the header battery icon to show percentage not the battery image when you are in customize.

If you are talking about the battery that is on the screen 24/7 on the top right and not the battery charging indicator, then yes it is possible.

Install "Extended Preferences" from installer - this will then add an option in your Settings to turn on/off battery % display.

It actually leaves it on both, you tap on it and it displays percentage, tap again and you get back to normal view.

Great little app.

iPhone 8gb
    1.0.2 OTB> 1.1.1 > 1.1.2 > 1.1.3
    Unlocked with Ziphone 2.3
    Operating in New Zealand

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dane.pablecheque For This Useful Post:

batter (2008-01-18)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default dane.pablecheque
    That is what I am looking for, but when I go to install I can not find an application "extended preferences". I also checked uninstall to see if I had already installed and checked setting for the option and could not find.

I checked under all packages for extended preferences.

Is there a source I can input that will give me the "extended preferences" application?

Please help. I will keep looking in the meantime I hope someone can help further what I am not doing correctly.
    Last edited by batter; 2008-01-18 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default "extended preferences"
    I did a google search on this application and it appears there were some bugs so developers took it off install until bugs are fixed. I read that it should be fixed in about a week and that post was 3 days old, so we'll just have to keep an eye out for when this becomes available again.

I think v0.3 was the one with bugs and 0.4 will be new release when bugs are fixed based upon research I did tonight.

Hope this helps those looking for the ability to change battery bar in left corner to percentage plus other cool things.

Default "extended preferences"
    this app is available on installer now
    i guess they fixe the bugs bt it is now called Advanced preferences i just installed it i dont think it really gives you a choice for the percentage or a graphic it just changes it to a percentage automatically for your battery

but another good thing to know is this is not a stand alone app its an add on for the prefrences.app so to see all your new options just go to the factory settings icon on your spingboard

Cool little app

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jpeg View Post
    this app is available on installer now
    i guess they fixe the bugs bt it is now called Advanced preferences i just installed it i dont think it really gives you a choice for the percentage or a graphic it just changes it to a percentage automatically for your battery

but another good thing to know is this is not a stand alone app its an add on for the prefrences.app so to see all your new options just go to the factory settings icon on your spingboard

Cool little app
    Sorry for this stupid question, but what a SpringBoard is?
    Be good... Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default jpeg
    From my reading these are two different app's that may do some of the same things. One of the developers of "extended preferences" posted yesterday that quite a few of the bugs have been fixed and should be released by 1-27-2008 or sooner. I will do some digging into this new app. and see if I can find what is differerent between the two and post some more information later.

"Extended preferences" is also an add-on to settings on your springboard in the general category. I believe what is being done is they are unlocking features that are already in the iphone that for some reason apple has not made available to us.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by batter View Post
    I have heard of an application that changes the battery icon to show percentage of battery left, but I can not find anywhere. Can someone tell me the name of application and how to get. I have 1.1.2 iphone with installer loaded. Thanks.
    I learned that search is your friend.

Refer to this forum link. It might answer your questions. It has been reported that there is some issues for some folks, so proceed with caution. As always, ensure you read the whole thread.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HungLO For This Useful Post:

batter (2008-01-19)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default extended preferences
    After doing some more reading it appears that there are 3 applications that do basically the same thing. I think two of the developers are now working together to resolve bugs and then there is an app by blackwolf (I think). It appears that these had the same name and one of the developers made an update to their version, but installer could not tell the difference between the applications (because of same name,etc.) and updated multiple versions and caused problems as well as at least one version had some bugs at release.

It also appears that blackwolf's version works with no issues if you manually install and he appears to busy currently to help resolve indivdual issues. BlackWolf also states in the first post that the app is only for ipod touch and NOT for the iphone, but I see people installed on iphones anyway, so I can see why BlackWolf is frustrated.

I think I am going to wait a week until "extended preferences" is released as v0.4. The developers there seem to working through all known issues and have helped indivduals get devices back working properly.

I also feel sorry for blackwolf as it appears he may have had a good app. that got caught in an update.

I think this will be issues for the community to resolve and live through as long as you have the ability to add sources and there is not a single source that runs checks and balances to prevent two developers from calling application the same.
    Last edited by batter; 2008-01-19 at 04:16 PM. Reason: added BlackWolf version only for ipod touch NOT iphone

Hey BlackWolf's app rocks. Either delete or rename your old "preferences.app." Don't use the installer -- simply drop it in your apps folder via SSH.

Running version 1.1.1 on Touch.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Katronix View Post
    Hey BlackWolf's app rocks. Either delete or rename your old "preferences.app." Don't use the installer -- simply drop it in your apps folder via SSH.

Running version 1.1.1 on Touch.
    I think you need to make sure you drop correct app into folder. I think BlackWolf has one for ipod touch and one for iPhone
    Last edited by batter; 2008-01-19 at 08:27 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by batter View Post
    After doing some more reading it appears that there are 3 applications that do basically the same thing. I think two of the developers are now working together to resolve bugs and then there is an app by blackwolf (I think). It appears that these had the same name and one of the developers made an update to their version, but installer could not tell the difference between the applications (because of same name,etc.) and updated multiple versions and caused problems as well as at least one version had some bugs at release.

It also appears that blackwolf's version works with no issues if you manually install and he appears to busy currently to help resolve indivdual issues. BlackWolf also states in the first post that the app is only for ipod touch and NOT for the iphone, but I see people installed on iphones anyway, so I can see why BlackWolf is frustrated.

I think I am going to wait a week until "extended preferences" is released as v0.4. The developers there seem to working through all known issues and have helped indivduals get devices back working properly.

I also feel sorry for blackwolf as it appears he may have had a good app. that got caught in an update.

I think this will be issues for the community to resolve and live through as long as you have the ability to add sources and there is not a single source that runs checks and balances to prevent two developers from calling application the same.

I'm currently running BlackWolf's with no issues. After too much demand, he developed the equivalent app for the iPhone. Check this thread for all the details. On the previous link, go to post #97.

This is a direct quote:

"1) Download the Extended Prefs for your device. Current versions are iPod Touch version 1.3 or iPhone version 1.3.1. Extract the zip-file so you get a directory called Preferences.app"
    Last edited by HungLO; 2008-01-19 at 06:22 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thumbs up extended preferences
    Based upon HungLo and reading a lengthy thread that had BlackWolf's comments I decide to manually load BlackWolf's app. When I did my settings icon was blank (panic set in and I thought I was going to have to re-jailbreak my iPhone), but after reading through the thread someone else (Damitu) had the exact same problem and you have to right click on each item and go to preferences and change each octal that is set at 0644 to 0755 and then you get settings back with the extended preferences.

It is working fine and I love it. If you decide to do it make sure you read the link that HungLo sends you to (especially pages 4 through 8) and you are comfortable with what is being discussed and DON'T use the installer link or you will have issues when modmyi brings their app back out and an update is issued.

I have never used WinSCP and was able to figure out how to use by reading and re-reading the thread that HungLo references earlier in this thread.

Great app
    Last edited by batter; 2008-01-20 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Glad I could help; I just pointed you in the right direction. Sorry about not being explicit on the file permissions.

My iPhone 4 battery charge fine but no battery display showing the level of charge during charging, not the tiny display at the top of the screen, the large battery display that normally appears when you connect the phone to the charger.

This happened because I uninstalled the battery display package in cydia.., how do I get thus back?

I know if I restore the phone and re jailbreakit it will come back but my phone is set up perfect and I don't want to start from scratch...

Any advise would be great.

It is an iPhone 4.

Thanks
    SBSettings is the go.