Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Transparent Dock

Default Transparent Dock
    Hi Guys i have searched and tried different methods but cannot change my dock to transparent on my 3g firmware2 does anyone know how to? i have jail broken the phone and changed the SBDockbg2 bit it still comes up with the original dock

Thanks in advance

you can't yet. wait for summerboard to be released on 2.0. that will do the trick.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

You have to replace SBDockBG.png as well as SBDockBG2.png. Just make two copies of the dock you want, name them SBDockBG.png and SBDockBG2.png and put them in /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app. Result:
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numberzz For This Useful Post:

garevans (2008-08-11), porktart (2009-01-13), Yuchenko (2008-08-14)

ah, nicely done. spring roll just came out too. i think that's just for icons... but you could use it with this trick to do a bit of customizing.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz

new to all of this .. wondering the same thing how do you access spring roll..? im using a mac would it comply anything with cyberduck?!?!

thanks alot

weird, I replaced both of my dock files and nothing showed...my new dock image didnt appear, just no dock image...

Quote Originally Posted by awesome austin View Post
    new to all of this .. wondering the same thing how do you access spring roll..? im using a mac would it comply anything with cyberduck?!?!

thanks alot
    SpringRoll