Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [App/Icon Request] Weather/Clock Icons that reflect current data

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Question [App/Icon Request] Weather/Clock Icons that reflect current data
    Hey there,

I'm a customization freak and I noticed something that I thought would be easy to make...but I have no idea how to do this kind of programming.

So you all know of the calendar icon on your homescreen, and how it reflects the current day of the week and month? Well what about making other icons that display information (such as weather icon and clock/alarm clock icons) which reflects current data?

Weather Widget
    -This would reflect the current temperature (for the FIRST location within Weather.app if you have more than one, and on the temperature F/C that you have set as default)
    -It would also update with the weather icon (sunny, cloudy, windy, snow, etc.) inside the actual icon on the homescreen

[Alarm] Clock
    I've seen a lot of iterations of the Clock icon in various summerboard themes; what if the time shown was actually the current time as opposed to 10:15? I took advantage of the "Extended Preferences 0.3" app and now my "Fake Time" reads something else and I am without a clock unless my phone is locked. Having the Clock.app icon update with the real time would be helpful
    -The icon would reflect the current time (set to the format; AM/PM or 0000, as set in global settings)

I think the Calendar icon must be programmed to look at data in Calendar.app (or somewhere else in system preferences) and reflect that data in the form of the current day/date. Maybe there is a certain 'hack' or replacement app for weather/clock (and stocks even? not a lot of real estate in the icon though) that can be done.

Would anyone else find this useful enough to make it happen? Thoughts?

I 2nd this!!

Anyone?!

Later,
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

That'd be awesome... not sure how it would be done, or if it could be, but I'd definately download it

Thanks

hopefully someone with some experience sees this

i figured it was a decent suggestion for my first post; and i tried hard not to sound noob about it.

Thanks

hopefully someone with some experience sees this

i figured it was a decent suggestion for my first post; and i tried hard not to sound noob about it.