Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to install SummerBoard

Unhappy How to install SummerBoard
    Friends,

After downloading few applications from Community Sources, the Installer.app icon is not viewable on home screen and home screen became non scrollable.

How should i install SummerBoard to make home screen scrollable? I also do not have a MAC OS?

Pls help !!

Regds,
    Amandeep

Couple of ways:

1. Upgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 and re-jailbreak, springboard has scrolling function built in.
    2. SSH into phone and manually install summerboard. (may not activate SB, not sure)
    3. SSH into phone and delete a few apps to gain installer.app back on main page, then install summerboard. Then, reinstaller apps.

Depends on your current firmware version, but it may just be easier to upgrade and re-jailbreak...then your good as gold. 1.1.1 is pretty easy to jailbreak.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

abatra (2008-01-15)

Mine was iphone 1.2 and got it unlocked which has now become 1.0.2 so i fear upgrading...
    Is there a way to un-install all the applications without iphone getting locked again ?

Gotcha, understandable. I would just SSH into the phone and delete a few apps so that Installer.app shows on the main page again. Then install Summerboard. Should work like a charm.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

abatra (2008-01-15)

How to SSH to iphone? OpenSSH has not been installed on it yet !!

Try using Ibrickr, installs on your computer and has filesystem ability so you can browse and delete files. It also allows you to install programs, you may be able to install summerboard using it as well and be good to go.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

abatra (2008-01-15)

Thanks it worked !!