Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Request: Sideways SMS

Default Request: Sideways SMS
    Hello everyone, I guess I would be considered a "Noob" to this site, though I am very experienced in the hacking/packet editing field, from online RPG's, but some of that may not apply at all to this field.

Anyways, I am here to learn all about hacking and making programs for the iphone, and after Downgrading and Jailbreaking my phone, I love it!

But I was just wondering, has anyone created a 3rd party application for being able to text from a sideways position. Sort of like on a sidekick, I feel the keyboard is better spaced this way and I can type much better with it in that position.

If anyone has this program or can make one it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nobody has made this program yet, at least not for the general use... and I agree, a Landscape View SMS program would be rad.

Thanks

I swear people are creating new accounts just to ask this question and piss me off. a mod should just delete this thread.

Wow, thanks for the welcome sogo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micara57 View Post
    Wow, thanks for the welcome sogo.
    I don't mean to sound like a a-hole, but there is at least one thread a day created on this subject; and not just by new people. Learn to use the search function and we can tidy up our forums. Welcome to the fourms

Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post
    I don't mean to sound like a a-hole, but there is at least one thread a day created on this subject; and not just by new people. Learn to use the search function and we can tidy up our forums. Welcome to the fourms
    ya dude u need to relax. its not that people dont know how to use the search but its just that you dont find what your looking for. we dont necessarily have the best search function here. and when the search is mandating at least 4 letters its hard to search for "sms" cuz it will say its too short. and some people create posting only about sms and you never find it cuz its burried in the archives somewhere. and sometimes you dont know what the hell you wanna search for. and when you put in something that you think is right, it gives you something completely different. i think we should have the MODs putting in some sort of regulation to ease searching. like for sms, we use only the word "text" or just breaking stuff into topics. if they have enough time to make sure no one is cursing, i think they can break threads up into similar categories. or maybe just making the search better. anyways sorry about the long msg.

but ya a landscape text message would be amazing! and welcome dude!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Iman07 For This Useful Post:

zues79 (2008-10-04)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    ya dude u need to relax. its not that people dont know how to use the search but its just that you dont find what your looking for. we dont necessarily have the best search function here. and when the search is mandating at least 4 letters its hard to search for "sms" cuz it will say its too short. and some people create posting only about sms and you never find it cuz its burried in the archives somewhere. and sometimes you dont know what the hell you wanna search for. and when you put in something that you think is right, it gives you something completely different. i think we should have the MODs putting in some sort of regulation to ease searching. like for sms, we use only the word "text" or just breaking stuff into topics. if they have enough time to make sure no one is cursing, i think they can break threads up into similar categories. or maybe just making the search better. anyways sorry about the long msg.

but ya a landscape text message would be amazing! and welcome dude!
    Search "Keyboard" or "Landscape" and you will find plenty of threads on the subject. People seem just to lazy to search or just don't read the forums rules.

And you can use "*" wildcard (it actually mentions it if you type less than 4 chars), so your search would be for "sms*"

Wow thanks for the long message it truly put all my feelings out there atleast someone else understands exactly where i am coming from. Thanks again Iman07 also thanks piranha I will definetly try that method.
    It's only impossible if you quit.

Quote Originally Posted by piranha View Post
    And you can use "*" wildcard (it actually mentions it if you type less than 4 chars), so your search would be for "sms*"
    hmm i didnt know that. thanks a lot. and your welcome.