Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Shake to answer, turn face down to hang up

Default Shake to answer, turn face down to hang up
    Just an idea, shake the phone twice to answer an incomming call and turn the phone face down to hang up. I wish i could write the app myself. Sketches has the code to shake and erase the drawing and one of the additional calculators erases your input when you turn the phone face down. If I can help in any way to make this happen please let me know. Thanks

Thanks

Ok, imagine that you have your iPhone in the poket and you are sitting ATM so there is 50% that your iPhone is "face down" and that means that calls will be auto denied, or you are walking and before you heard that your iPhone is ringing it have auto accepted a call because you've shook it in your poket

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i agree with Uko but maybe if it had an on/off switch it would be a fun little "toy" to show your friends or wenn you have it in your hand whille watching tv or something...
    If i helped hit Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Ok, imagine that you have your iPhone in the poket and you are sitting ATM so there is 50% that your iPhone is "face down" and that means that calls will be auto denied, or you are walking and before you heard that your iPhone is ringing it have auto accepted a call because you've shook it in your poket
    Well by face down I meant the opposite of for example when the phone lays flat on a table, the only way that is going to happen in your pocket is when you have it in your back pocket of your pans and are sitting on it. Plus you will only hang up a call that you are currently on. As for answering unintentionaly I tried the app sketches to erase a drawing (answering a call) while walking with the phone in my pocket and had to jump twice to make that happen. I am sure that the coder could adjust the sensitivity accordingly. Maybe even the application to only accept input from the sensor while holding the phone upright .

how about "shake to anserw"?

heh that could be better you could shake it just like you would with sketchs to anserw and shake to hang up.

I could see that working a little better.

Seems lazy to me just press Answer call i mean you dont need to it to show off to your friends you have an IPHONE that's what you show off not that you can shake your phone to recieve a call...just shows you can well shake your phone lol.

i like the idea. someone do it. and its more work to shake the phone twice then to tap answer on the iphone. think about it.

I Also Like The Idea Of Shaking Twice To Answer ...i Always To Run To Grab The Phone If Its In Another Room By The Time Tap The Answer Button Call Is In Voicemail .

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rukiz View Post
    I Also Like The Idea Of Shaking Twice To Answer ...i Always To Run To Grab The Phone If Its In Another Room By The Time Tap The Answer Button Call Is In Voicemail .
    How is shaking the thing twice going to make you able to answer calls more quickly if you cant get there in time to TAP the thing... LOL

So now you guys want some Nokia technology :P
    This app creating is endless!
    But I'm no complaining "

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

isnt there a japan phone that does this already?

Imagine you've got your iPhone in your pocket while running...you get a call...its your boss...you dont want to pick it up...but your phone's shaking in your pocket, so the call is picked up anyways..your boss is very angry with you because you bunked work to train for a marathon..you get fired...

How would you like that to happen to you? :P

LMAO!! :P

Imagine you've got your iPhone in your pocket while running...you get a call...its your boss...you dont want to pick it up...but your phone's shaking in your pocket, so the call is picked up anyways..your boss is very angry with you because you bunked work to train for a marathon..you get fired...

How would you like that to happen to you? :P

LMAO!! :P

how about just the hang up feature and it only starts running after pressing the answer button that way there are no auto-hangups

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wargames For This Useful Post:

Meonfire11 (2008-02-07)

Thanks Wargames, nice to see some positive post's too.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

Meonfire11 (2008-02-07)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol I love the idea!
    The shaking thing would be totally impressive!

I'll start my development plans soon, so if its still not done when i get the hang of things, ill sure try it out and let u know )