Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Music Downloading

Cool Free Music Downloading
    It would be really awesome to see an app that can download free music, videos, pictures... Etc. A Limewire or Bearshare for the iPhone. I dont know if this is possible to do, but it would be awesome if it was made. This app would let you search for a specific artist, track, video, or picture; or browse through different categories. The media downloaded would go to your ipod or photos app automatically and synced to your computer when plugged in. Let me know if this has ever been tried, or if its even possible. Thanks.

For music, install the downloading plugin, and then go to seeqpod.com and you can download it. Then play it with SendFile...

Thanks

Isn't it a 100 times easier just to download on your PC and sync with itunes? Or am I missing something here?
    To live, you have to lie

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

iLive an iLife

iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt anyone ports Limewire or Bearshare etc. to the iPhone because they are way to commonly used illegally for copyright infringement of music/movies etc.

Also I would advise you didn't use Bearshare for a few reasons. It has alot of security issues.

http://www.auditmypc.com/process/bearshare.asp

There are also reports of people connecting to leechers (you, the downloader) by using their IP address and more obtained by the connection and transfer process, and they were browsing files and information on unsuspecting downloader's computers. Just something you might want to keep in mind.