Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Music Visualizer for iphone?

Default Music Visualizer for iphone?
    I was thinking one day how sweet it would be to have a visualizer on the iphone. I don't have the knowledge enough at coding apps for the iphone to make this app myself or the time to figure out how, so i'm calling out to the developers to take a shot at this. I think it could be very popular app as long as you make it right.

* Controls for music and volume, if coding is not to difficult, or make it as a boot separately application without disturbing music play.

* Touch sensitive, similar to how a touch sensitive lamp would act, would definitely make the app.

* Screen saver feature, with sleep timer.

* Switch between visualization by using something similar to coverflow.

* Option to add custom visualizations, a lava lamp one please!

I know its a lot more complicated to make this then to write all these words down but i thought i would just give an idea to help create another great app for an already excellent device. I would appreciate if someone does develop this that they would please keep me informed on progress.

Nick

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Moved, as this has no development discussion, just an app request.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

This would be great for all of us on iPot! haha

yea I def want one!!!!!!!!! Anyone got any progs that make visuals with the music???

Default beinging work on a visualizer
    hey guys, I am new to this forum and to iphone development, but like you I desperatly want a visualizer for the iphone. I have been doing some research on the subject and the problem is that in the current os(2.2 at the moment) does not allow developers access to music on the iphone/ipod touch, however one of the features of the 3.0 os is that it will allow developers access to the music. So I have decided to take on creating one in time for the 3.0 release. I was wondering if you guys had any input into what you want out of the visualizer, and if you guys had any visualizers for other things that you like, so i can study them.

ps sorry for the wall of text

Check out iBeams it's an interactive special effects system that can react to the iPhone's microphone.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_XJqTi_gSQ]YouTube - iBeams 2.0 music demo (for iPhone)[/ame]
    iTunes Store

Default "The Well" (3/27/10) includes iphone visualizer!
    My new casual music game includes an iTunes Visualizer!

Available from March 27 to April 1st at only 99cents! Check it out!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5cytfsNNI8]YouTube - TheWell_visualizer_teaserh264.mov[/ame]