Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MobileScrobbler rebirth..

Default MobileScrobbler rebirth..
    Looks like the dev isn't responding to my questions, so I don't think it'll continue... WE NEED MOBILESCROBBLER WITH SCROBBLING OVER EDGE! The Last.FM stuff is pretty open source from what I remember; it wouldn't be too hard would it?

The Appstore Last.FM app is great and all, but is missing it's main functionality on 1.1.4... Whoever did this app would be a damn hero in my book.

I agree, mobileScrobbler was an amazing app, and one of the things I'm missing. last.fm got hit with the ugly stick and just isn't as much of a pleasure as mobileScrobbler.

http://dev.c99.org/MobileScrobbler/

Source code is on here guys! Come on someone! I'm dying here!

I second this.

For SERIOUS. I am really missing the automatic scrobbling. Didn't the same dev who created mobilescrobbler also create the last.fm app? I doubt the original dev would bother with mobilescrobbler now.

If I had ANY idea how to approach this, I would do so in a heartbeat. Anyone out there with both the knowledge and desire to recreate whats missing from the official last.fm app?

I really really want this app on 2.0 too.

Quote Originally Posted by theresanna View Post
    Anyone out there with both the knowledge and desire to recreate whats missing from the official last.fm app?
    I think the easiest thing to do would be to port the original app over to 2.0, since the source is available for that version and i don't think it's available for the last.fm app.

Are there any guides or such for porting apps to use the 2.0 toolchain? personally i don't know anything about it, but if there were people trying to do this i would try my best to help..

I've tried founding someone to help to no avail. I really really want this app..

One problem, an application can not run in the background from the appstore. So until this is implemented, then Last.FM will not be like MobileScrobbler whatsoever.

Reako

then make it for the jailbreak community. I would like to see this develped too

iPhone? More like MyPhone Flatbeats's Avatar
    Thanks

Ill add my name to the list.
    Mobilescrobber for 2.0
    iPhone 3G Jail broken 4.2.1 - redsn0w
    iPhone 3G unlocked & Jail broken 3.1.2 - Blackra1n

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    One problem, an application can not run in the background from the appstore. So until this is implemented, then Last.FM will not be like MobileScrobbler whatsoever.

Reako
    Which is why I mentioned that there already is a Last.FM app in the appstore in the first post.