Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Request to Update Installer

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Request to Update Installer
    Sometimes I am looking for an App, I know what it is called, but do not know what category it is under in Installer. So, I go to the "All Packages" category and look there. Having to scroll all the way down to an App beginning with a letter like "X" gets really annoying.

Whoever know's how to get in contact with NullRiver, Inc. please ask them if they can update their Installer to allow a pane on the right with the alphabet vertically placed, similar to the iPod on the iPhone, to allow for fast searching of programs by the first letter of the App name.

This would be a huge improvement.

That would be really nice, and probably pretty easy to implement since this feature is in other parts of the phone with long alphabetical lists.

Thanks

so... anyone with any progress

Yea right. Good luck with that. Even community source owners cant hardly get hold of Nullriver. As nice as this is, this will probably never happen.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Green Apple
    Thanks

thats sad.. nullriver should pass installer to modmyi!~
    iPhone 8GB, Week 44, Anysim Unlocked
    FW: 1.1.1 -> Official 1.1.3 JB -> iplus 1.1.4

Yeah that would be a nice feature to have. My biggest thing that I want updated is the duplicate updates, half of which are actually lesser versions than what I already have installed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flopethedope View Post
    Yeah that would be a nice feature to have. My biggest thing that I want updated is the duplicate updates, half of which are actually lesser versions than what I already have installed.
    that does get really annoying...

Also, why is it that no other Developer can create their own version of Installer?

What would be nice is if Installer didn't force you to return to the category list every time you install a package, which coincidentally forces you to install packages one by one rather than multiply.