Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App to set custom ringtone on iPhone

Default App to set custom ringtone on iPhone
    I tried the sendsong app to set a custom ringtone on my iphone (1.1.2)..but it doesn't seem to work for me..the file shows in my ringtone list, but when I set it, it doesn't play..my phone only vibrates..from what I've heard..its got something to do with the filename.. :s

So I'd like to request any iPhone app developer if they can make an app dedicated only to setting custom ringtones..

If you can also put in a feature to set a custom SMS tone and alarm tone as well...that would be great.

Hope I'm not asking for too much...
    Last edited by aahandagr8; 2008-01-05 at 05:11 AM.

I have 1.0.2 and my sendsong works perfectly. Even after syncing with itunes, the newly created ringtones are not deleted.
    My wife's phone however was 1.1.1 and had problems with sendsong and generally a buggy version. Downgraded back to 1.0.2 and it works perfectly also.
    The cellphone shop I got the phones from doesn't use any other version than 1.0.2 since everything works perfectly all the time a swell.

BC

so sendsong has compatibility issues then?

I'm not gonna downgrade just for sendsong to work..

I'd really appreciate it if someone makes this app for me.

If you have 1.1.2, you can make a 30 second ringtone, convert it to AAC through iTunes, and then rename the extension to .m4r from .m4a and then add the new file to iTunes and it will register as a ringtone. Then just sync your ringtones to your phone.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ToxicFTW For This Useful Post:

aahandagr8 (2008-01-06)

Default thanks, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFTW View Post
    If you have 1.1.2, you can make a 30 second ringtone, convert it to AAC through iTunes, and then rename the extension to .m4r from .m4a and then add the new file to iTunes and it will register as a ringtone. Then just sync your ringtones to your phone.
    Thanks for the tip..

Any way to set custom SMS and alarm tone as well?

Default Ringtones
    search for a zip file by garyckw.

It worked great for me and made my tones permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by aahandagr8 View Post
    Thanks for the tip..

Any way to set custom SMS and alarm tone as well?
    I don't know of a way to do that, sorry.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

’m using ver 1.1.2 and want to install sendsong but the only ver available is for 1.1.3…. and i dont wanna upgrade yet… can someone help me please… i need the old versions of sendsong…. is there an installer source where i can find old applications? …. thnx