Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bluetooth Send Ringtones/Files

Talking Bluetooth Send Ringtones/Files
    Ok guys
    that would be pretty dang awesome if there was an app that can allow the sending of ringtones or just any file in particular.. i am in a deep need of that
    because i used to have a sony ericcson W300i which could send and recieve almost any file
    and i loved it
    thinking that the iphone would be even better i bought it
    so yes ..
    Enabling Bluetooth to send files and recieve files would be a great add-on

iPhone? More like MyPhone nhba74's Avatar
    Thanks

Default That would be AWESOME!!!
    I totally agree!!! Wouldn't that be awesome? It would make transferring files so much easier!!!!! I was rather surprise that the iPhone didn't have this feature but then again, MMS (receiving & sending) would have been nice too. At least we can send MMS now, thanks to the developers!!!!!

Thanks

Can someone pin this thread, cos believe me people will be posting & posting new topics about bluetooth on iPhone.

Isn't the whole reason we couldn't send files via bluetooth because of copyright issues with the music we download from itunes?

Would anyone even be prepared to run the risk of developing this program?

thats why DRM was invented. so it shouldnt be a problem, i believe we are unable to do this because apple would fear we would use the bluetooth system to modify the files. bluetooth is not as secure as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyLam View Post
    thats why DRM was invented. so it shouldnt be a problem, i believe we are unable to do this because apple would fear we would use the bluetooth system to modify the files. bluetooth is not as secure as it should be.
    oh..
    wat is this DRM you speak about?
    ok either way we use the WinSCP and Iphonebrowers to mod those files..
    were doing it anyways? so why would bluetooth get them more scared?
    its like lighting a fire thats already lit.

but i understand it would be something hard to make for the iphone

drm is just a term that means locked music i believe. bluetooth transfering would be very nice, and would really make a developer popular!

don't we all do this already with SSH? i mean not between two phones... but with a computer and a wifi network we all do this everyday... plus, with sendfile you can send files anywhere. don't need wifi. don't even need to be in the same place... team up sendfile with mobile finder and now you're a file transfering mad-man!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to b3nny For This Useful Post:

sashareid (2008-01-30)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy25 View Post
    Isn't the whole reason we couldn't send files via bluetooth because of copyright issues with the music we download from itunes?

Oh man if someone tells me how to do that program, I'll release it with huge letters "MADE BY UKO".

Believe me I have a law deep in the a**.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy25 View Post

yea but isnt that just a more advanced way of burning cd's...i mean the songs we buy on itunes could just as easily be burnt to a cd and given to someone, and again there is a transfer of music for free.......the whole issue with the bluetooth thing is that apple likes being rich and likes staying rich, y allow ppl to give it away for free when u can charge them for it.....they're just being evil....they're going to have soo many complaints about it that in the end they allow bluetooth transfer in a later update....in the meantime this is BS

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jelenak9 For This Useful Post:

iphonestu (2008-02-12)