Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone Football Manaager

Default Iphone Football Manaager
    Does anyone else think that this would be a game to solve all those long train journeys... obviously it would need to be scaled down in order to run quickly but its a possibility. Would definitely keep me happy.

What do you think?

it is a great idea i used to have real football manager on my nokia.. i wih i knew how to develop iphone apps and games i would everything... i am going to try and learn..

What was real football manager like on the nokia?

If it worked well surely it wouldnt be hard just to re work the code for that game to make it work on the iphone??

Or would you have to create a whole new program?

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy25 View Post
    What was real football manager like on the nokia?

If it worked well surely it wouldnt be hard just to re work the code for that game to make it work on the iphone??

Or would you have to create a whole new program?
    it was a jar file that means java but its graphics i dont know if it is worth iphone it i think that if a better one could be found and fixed

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rwomack For This Useful Post:

jwilcox09 (2009-04-08)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwilcox09's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rwomack View Post
    MYFC | Manage Your Football Club | Football Management on iPhone and iPod Touch

We hope to be in the app store at the end of the month
    Sweet!! This would be awesome...

Default can't wait

Hi, i'm very excited about a football manager for the iPhone, it is about time. Im interested to know will it have real teams and player names in it? will it be like the DS game football director and how much can it buy for cooli ocheers

when when when will it be here, im travelling in may , will it be available before then?

jonny

Default Soccer Manager in the App store
    Hi Guys,

Fizz Software have released Soccer Manager or the iPhone and iPod Touch today. Check out their web site at Fizz Software - iPhone & Windows Mobiles Software or iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...311468574&mt=8.

It looks great.

I.

Thanks

Awsome....Finally!!! Hopefully it works well. I'll be testing it out today..

Edit: NOT COOL...Requires OS 2.2.1....BOO!!!

Any screen shots?

Thumbs down Very disappointing and overpriced, I'll wait for the others thanks
    After reading about the game here..
    I thought this looked like what I had been waiting for on the iPhone; all the boxes seemed to be ticked.
    But when I played it, it was far from what was promised in the description.
    The game uses some of the default iPhone forms and screen mechanisms so it doesnít look that nice, the game isnít full screen so you can see the network operator at the top, menus are often with heavy cramming of stats into small spaces (player listings).
    The amount of information isnít really suited to playing this on a mobile device, at first you think it is great having them but when you see 11 messages in your email system after 1 week in the game it becomes very fiddly, often you have to navigate to sub sub sub menus to access the problems with team injuries, as the home page is more like a work organiser.
    Itís strange because the amount of stats used in this makes it feel like something aimed more at the desktop PC for in depth game play, yet falls short on that requirement if it were the only soccer manager you owned; kind of an in between. I really wanted to like this because there arenít that many available on iPhone (I know there are 2 more due out in April 09, both of which look much better) but this is too tedious for a fun manager game on the mobile. The fun bit which is supposed to be the match engine is so bad, it feels more like an afterthought, like it was rushed out and tacked on at the last second. You cannot vary the speed of the game, and the main highlight (commentary) is the worst I have seen in a manager game. It boils down to 1 line of text that says there is a shot on goal, free kick, corner etc, then followed by the second line of text you will see for outcome, e.g. a goal or shot wide. This is so far from enjoyable; you might as well not have any commentary and have an instant ďresultĒ button.
    I can see that there has been some thought put into this title, but it seems to have focused on the wrong areas for a mobile game, itís too fiddly and tedious and fun factor seems to be missing. Not worth it for the high price, Iíd wait for the next few manager games out shortly. Disappointing.

I just found out that this game requires OS 2.2.1....BOO!!! this will really limit the amount of gamers who can play it

Quote Originally Posted by socman View Post
    Hi Guys,

Fizz Software have released Soccer Manager or the iPhone and iPod Touch today. Check out their web site at Fizz Software - iPhone & Windows Mobiles Software or iTunes at iTunes Store.

It looks great.

I.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jonnypow98 For This Useful Post:

jwilcox09 (2009-04-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonnypow98 View Post
    After reading about the game here..
    I thought this looked like what I had been waiting for on the iPhone; all the boxes seemed to be ticked.
    But when I played it, it was far from what was promised in the description.
    The game uses some of the default iPhone forms and screen mechanisms so it doesnít look that nice, the game isnít full screen so you can see the network operator at the top, menus are often with heavy cramming of stats into small spaces (player listings).
    The amount of information isnít really suited to playing this on a mobile device, at first you think it is great having them but when you see 11 messages in your email system after 1 week in the game it becomes very fiddly, often you have to navigate to sub sub sub menus to access the problems with team injuries, as the home page is more like a work organiser.
    Itís strange because the amount of stats used in this makes it feel like something aimed more at the desktop PC for in depth game play, yet falls short on that requirement if it were the only soccer manager you owned; kind of an in between. I really wanted to like this because there arenít that many available on iPhone (I know there are 2 more due out in April 09, both of which look much better) but this is too tedious for a fun manager game on the mobile. The fun bit which is supposed to be the match engine is so bad, it feels more like an afterthought, like it was rushed out and tacked on at the last second. You cannot vary the speed of the game, and the main highlight (commentary) is the worst I have seen in a manager game. It boils down to 1 line of text that says there is a shot on goal, free kick, corner etc, then followed by the second line of text you will see for outcome, e.g. a goal or shot wide. This is so far from enjoyable; you might as well not have any commentary and have an instant ďresultĒ button.
    I can see that there has been some thought put into this title, but it seems to have focused on the wrong areas for a mobile game, itís too fiddly and tedious and fun factor seems to be missing. Not worth it for the high price, Iíd wait for the next few manager games out shortly. Disappointing.

I just found out that this game requires OS 2.2.1....BOO!!! this will really limit the amount of gamers who can play it
    Thanks for the review. I was going to upgrade to 2.2.1 just to get this, but will now wait for something a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnypow98 View Post
    more games have that, i downloaded FWChanger(cydia, BigBoss repo), and it works well