Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Idea!!! Lock Specific Apps In Iphone!!!

come on every one dont let this idea go dead

that would be great.... i would really want an app like that, all my friends do is go through my stuff, and it gets really annoying

comeeeeeeee ooonnnnnnnn

i was wondering if there are any updates or progress on this? BigBoss?

yeaa fa sho anyone?

I made a post like this not too long ago, and no one seems interested in building such a wonderful app. I think we can all agree that we would like to have an application that would lock certain apps. I hope someone will make this, I've been waiting for months now.
    Apple iPhone 3Gs: redsn0w 4.1 (8B117)
    Modem FW: 5.13.04 Unlocked: Ultrasn0w
    Preferred Apps: Cydia, Winterboard, 1nstall0us, Orbit, and SBSettings
    Don't Start None, Won't Be None. Get On... Before Ya Get Spit On

e /2 its been awhile and no one will make it

yes pls, these are the apps I would like to be locked

text, photos, mail, and maybe notes and preference (bossprefs)

soda

Thanks
    I'm ALL about this too. I'm in the military and there are certain images and docs that I would like to be able to have in a locked/password protected folder. GREAT IDEA! I miss that from my Tilt.
    I'M BORED OUTTA MY GHORD, SO I TOOK A HAMMER AND NAILED MY FOOT TO THE FLOORBOARD OF MY FORD!

come on please I will donate some money to whoever makes this

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmtrig View Post
    I'm ALL about this too. I'm in the military and there are certain images and docs that I would like to be able to have in a locked/password protected folder. GREAT IDEA! I miss that from my Tilt.
    same here :/

bump for this thread

okay here is what I purpose. I read this thread and people are stating how hard it is to do this and that with the springboard and that it only end in disaster and it seems people are thinking too much and making it seem too complicated. I for one like to keep it simple, and it seem the answer to this problem is rediculously simple. I'm not a programmer or coder but I know that this can be done with minimal coding. Ok, I'm basing my therory on how BossTool works.
    What happens when your apps partition of the HD gets full?
    you can use bosstool to move your apps to the larger partition of the HD(the one used to store your media files)... This is possible because bosstool moves the app, but leaves a link in the apps original directory, which of course routes it to where the app is now.
    if your following so far, what is to stop us from placing an app in the original directory which prompts you for a password... Then upon entering the correct password it links you to the apps new location. Simple simple simple. What do you all think? Can this be done?

Actually after re-reading page 2 it seems raptorjr was thinking along the same lines as me. Does this idea seem doable? Because we wouldn't be hijacking the springboard... We would just be launching an app, that launches an app...
    Last edited by reznor9; 2008-06-01 at 05:03 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    okay here is what I purpose. I read this thread and people are stating how hard it is to do this and that with the springboard and that it only end in disaster and it seems people are thinking too much and making it seem too complicated. I for one like to keep it simple, and it seem the answer to this problem is rediculously simple. I'm not a programmer or coder but I know that this can be done with minimal coding. Ok, I'm basing my therory on how BossTool works.
    What happens when your apps partition of the HD gets full?
    you can use bosstool to move your apps to the larger partition of the HD(the one used to store your media files)... This is possible because bosstool moves the app, but leaves a link in the apps original directory, which of course routes it to where the app is now.
    if your following so far, what is to stop us from placing an app in the original directory which prompts you for a password... Then upon entering the correct password it links you to the apps new location. Simple simple simple. What do you all think? Can this be done?

Actually after re-reading page 2 it seems raptorjr was thinking along the same lines as me. Does this idea seem doable? Because we wouldn't be hijacking the springboard... We would just be launching an app, that launches an app...
    I was thinking the very same thing. It would be alot like categories, you select the app to lock and instead of putting it into a category, it launches an app that asks for a password alot like the lockscreen pad, or even a alphanumerical pad for more security. That should be alot easier to achieve.

Please someone have a go at this. It sounds so much easier...

I will donate to get the ball rolling if a dev picks up this project and shows some development...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

I'd donate as well. This is a much needed feature.

BigBoss's Categories with password protected folders seems a lot more simple and user friendly.
    Last edited by tweaker; 2008-06-01 at 06:24 PM.

i will donate to please someone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tweaker View Post
    I'd donate as well. This is a much needed feature.

BigBoss's Categories with password protected folders seems a lot more simple and user friendly.
    Sounds great. Maybe we should get onto BigBoss
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...lications.html

someone created a rough app, which has to be manually installed and edited... its not very simple to set up for everyone, but it is a start!

yea I tried it and its pretty bad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aaauustiinnn View Post
    yea I tried it and its pretty bad
    Yeah but it's a start. And all the instructions are there...
    Watch the thread, there will be a GUI to follow. Don't you worry about that. This guys done all the hard work, the GUI is easy.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

at least its a start. I'm need something more easier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12