Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: caller id ringtone

Default caller id ringtone
    my wife has the palm treo and when her phone rings it has the music as usual, but it also says the phone number thats calling or the persons name if it is stored as a contact, i was wondering if this was possible with the iphone

are you kidding? What phone doesnt have this feature???

i think he meant, "it says" ... as in it reads the number ... maybe ?

I think he is celebrating New Year a bit to early (drunk), lol

what i am talking about is when the phone rings, the phone says "555-1212 is calling" as the phone is ringing also, so the phone is actually telling you the number that is calling so if you have an earpiece you dont have to look at your phone when you answer cause the phone is telling you audibly who is calling, can someone with a palm treo please help me try to explain, i just want to know if it is possible for the iphone

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seattle7 View Post
    what i am talking about is when the phone rings, the phone says "555-1212 is calling" as the phone is ringing also, so the phone is actually telling you the number that is calling so if you have an earpiece you dont have to look at your phone when you answer cause the phone is telling you audibly who is calling, can someone with a palm treo please help me try to explain, i just want to know if it is possible for the iphone
    I got a treo 700WX and it doesn't speak the number to you. So I don't know what your trying to say.

my wifes does she has the same phone, read your manual

hers says "chris is calling from chris's cell phone" or if its not stored it just says the number

in the settings of the treo go to voice and enable all of the options and it will turn this feature on
    Last edited by seattle7; 2008-01-03 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost