Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Request: iPhone as Bluetooth input device (kb/pointer)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Request: iPhone as Bluetooth input device (kb/pointer)
    Anyone have any idea or given any thought to allowing the iPhone to function as an input device, similar to a keyboard/pointer combo? This would be absolutely awesome for controlling a media pc, or for use with the PS3...etc. It would be a good start as a "universal" type controller, so that custom "remote control" apps would not necessarily be needed for individual apps...

but if you're really itching, I wouldn't mind a MediaPortal or MythTV rc app....since that is ultimately my end goal...

Thanks
    beautiful, beautiful idea. I would love a gyro-mouse capability as well as hotkeys or such to control a few keys or combinations WOW good idea. I think I just umm wet my pants

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAyad View Post
    beautiful, beautiful idea. I would love a gyro-mouse capability as well as hotkeys or such to control a few keys or combinations WOW good idea. I think I just umm wet my pants
    damn I didnt even think of implementing the pointer like that...making it similarin function to a wiimote would be outstanding...I wonder if the accelerometer would be accurate enough ( I know the wii actually uses IR triangulation weirdness)

Only problem I'm seeing is that its probably a significant effort to develop drivers like that, and I bet there's strange issues with BT licensing as well...ill keep dreaming...