Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: hotmail.app

KelvinalF
    Default hotmail.app
    is it possible for someone to make an application like the aim app on the app store but has an email button so you can read,reply, send emails, if possible that'd be amazing to have it. (on app store for free or installer)

uhhhh.....the mail app does this I think...

Quote Originally Posted by rusty778 View Post
    uhhhh.....the mail app does this I think...
    not for hotmail..
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

Well I doubt this could be made since you have to have a paid hotmail account to get access to what you would need for a non browser client. Itd be easier just to get a paid account and use POP3 with the mail app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty778 For This Useful Post:

fonz06 (2008-07-18)

you can get HOtmail on any iphone it cost 20 bucks a year for the Hotmail plus service
    then you add it as other email account under pop3 settings mine works send and recieves hotmail no problem

KelvinalF
    thanks for the info guys

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

i had the same problem cause i have MSN..so i went searching on this site cause i figured i couldn't be the only one with the problem and someone recommend IzyMail - WebMail in your Inbox for a pop3 client forward agent

it works great for me...only thing is that it's free for the 1st month and then its like $1.49/mo for the subscription..but it works great and it integrates with my msn perfect

^^ Yeh but do you feel "safe" that a 3rd party has all your information / login details.... not that they would be evil / cruel - if that was the case i doubt they would have got this far in their success of creating this hotmail viewer thing lol..

Hotmail have no reason as to give pop3 accounts free as they been charging this service way before iPhone was introduced to the media... so therefore those who want access direct have to pay for that service.. i think its 20 a year or something?

OR i remember seeing that they have opened a web / mobile version (like a web app) but its not directed specifically for iPhones.. its just generic... like myspace used to have some serious budget mobile version lol

I suggest google around for the mobile version for hotmail access... or pay the fee if its that important.. or forward all emails from that account to another account (desperation lol)