Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Idea : ForceFeedBack on Touch

Default App Idea : ForceFeedBack on Touch
    Heyho,

i had no time to make myself familiar with the iPhone Dev Toolchain so i post this idea , maybe someone likes it and is able to realize it.

Idea: By touching the iPhones screen it should vibrate very slightly as a response and let you feel the touch. I have seen this on another mobile phone and pretty much liked the idea of beeing able to "feel" the touchscreen. Is there a way to implement this on the iPhone ?

Thanks

Magenta uses this sorta....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zanone View Post
    Heyho,

i had no time to make myself familiar with the iPhone Dev Toolchain so i post this idea , maybe someone likes it and is able to realize it.

Idea: By touching the iPhones screen it should vibrate very slightly as a response and let you feel the touch. I have seen this on another mobile phone and pretty much liked the idea of beeing able to "feel" the touchscreen. Is there a way to implement this on the iPhone ?
    I really do agree, this would play a big part in text msgs, as I like to hear the click when typing, but it gets so annoying, and an small vibrate response would work out so much better.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Can this be done thru software or do you need a special screen to have this feature?

thats definitely possible. what zanone described happens when you die in "iSnake". if you touch the screen as you are on the "game over" screen, it vibrates and responds to your touch. so it's already been done, but someone just needs to implement it into other applications, and the txt msg idea by SiLeNtKiLLa is great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I would really like to see this, my friends LG Voyager has this function and its nice getting some feedback on your inputs.

Any news or updates or ideas for this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zanone View Post
    Heyho,

I have thrown this idea out so many times I am almost tired of talking about it. Everyone always complains about the battery being sucked up, I don't give a **** I charge my phone everyday. The stupid Verizon phone does it, why can't we? It would some great tactile feel to the phone. This would be better than any update that 1.1.3 is going to roll out. Why wont someone develop this?