Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Home button to end call

Default Home button to end call
    I need an app than can change my home button to end calls, I keep pressing it by habit and forget to end my call.

Thanks

What?
    To live, you have to lie

second that
    yeah this would be cool , it happens to me too, i press the home button and forget to tap end call that turn back to call and end it , would be really cool

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    What?

simple really a program that could end a call by pressing the home button not touching the end call on screen. Ok?

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macca30 View Post
    simple really a program that could end a call by pressing the home button not touching the end call on screen. Ok?
    But why when there is a large red icon that says END CALL you simply have to touch only a few millimeters up?
    iLive an iLife

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    But why when there is a large red icon that says END CALL you simply have to touch only a few millimeters up?
    Also some people(like me) multitask while on a call(using bluetooth or speakerphone) so it would kind of defeat the purpose.
    Everytime you dont press THANKS god kills an iPhone(so please save zee the iPhones)

it sounds interesteing but i multi task also so it wouldnt be too good 4 me either

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

i like the idea

totally agreed!!!

Thanks

Soon we'll have people asking to tap in the numbers via morse code on the Home button to dial a call. So what happens if you're on a call, need to go to the springboard to run something, and oops, you just hung up. I think the design is great the way it is.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

I'd live the end call with home button app. Those who don't need it don't need to install. Please, anyone with the knowledge to create this app, go ahead and code it. I for one would definitely use it.

I'd like to add my name to this list as well.

Apple has us well trained to hit the home button to close an app, so I do that pretty much by instinct. Once I hit it, it takes a minute to realize that I haven't hung up (usually while trying to leave or avoid leaving a voicemail) and then I scramble to hit the the little green bar at the top to bring the call back up. This leads to inadvertently launching another app, which leads to an even longer delay in hanging up.

I know, it sounds like a weird request, but I can't stand the way the phone works on the iPhone. The concept behind the big red "End Call" button does not line up with how the rest of the iPhone apps are set to operate.

Thanks

I notice that in tv shows, actors answer phone calls on their iphones by pressing the home button instead of sliding the "slide to answer" on the screen. I noticed this recently on Lipstick Jungle, when Brooke Shields and the other designer girl both answered their white iphones by pressing the home button. They also have 'basic ringing' type of ringtones that don't exist for the locked iphones... perhaps their iphones are jailbroken! haha.
    Last edited by Cassy; 2009-01-14 at 09:51 PM.

Thanks

I also would love to see this, im always trying to hang up calls with the home button lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
    I notice that in tv shows, actors answer phone calls on their iphones by pressing the home button instead of sliding the "slide to answer" on the screen. I noticed this recently on Lipstick Jungle, when Brooke Shields and the other designer girl both answered their white iphones by pressing the home button. They also have 'basic ringing' type of ringtones that don't exist for the locked iphones... perhaps their iphones are jailbroken! haha.
    its b/c they arent actually using the iphones. its a simulated right for the ringtone. also they don't actually have a call on the phone.

its a stupid idea, why would someone invest lots of time writing such a useless app? for the 2 ppl who haven't learned to press the end call button? or better yet, just use the lock button, that'll hang up a call.

iphone user here since week 1, maybe like twice accidently i pressed the home button to end a call, and usually when i'm trying to do something else and get confused. i use the home button during a call to get to the springboard more often for something needed then trying to end a call.

this thread should be closed imho....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    its b/c they arent actually using the iphones. its a simulated right for the ringtone. also they don't actually have a call on the phone.
    Yeah, I know they aren't actually using the iphones and don't actually have a call on the phone... I just find it funny that they don't use it properly on screen as you would in real life. But then again, it isn't real life. heh.

iPhone? More like MyPhone aussiebob's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post

its a stupid idea, why would someone invest lots of time writing such a useless app? for the 2 ppl who haven't learned to press the end call button? or better yet, just use the lock button, that'll hang up a call.

iphone user here since week 1, maybe like twice accidently i pressed the home button to end a call, and usually when i'm trying to do something else and get confused. i use the home button during a call to get to the springboard more often for something needed then trying to end a call.

this thread should be closed imho....
    Sorry guys I agree.I multitask so this would be useless.As said just press the top lock button to end if you want a physical button to touch.
    Thats the beuty of the iphone really (not to touch many physical buttons)
    My signiture? Whats that...............

Thank you for your input. I did not realize that this forum was only for requesting apps only every one in the world would use. I don't multitask while on a phonecall and I've grown to dislike the phone portion of the iphone the more that I use it. But I guess that is no ones problem but my own. Thanks for the useless forum. I really appreciate it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Ok if you're on using a BT headset I believe they all come with a button on them. Why not just press that button to end the call? What you should be asking for is an SBsettings toggle to do this, not an APP.

You will find it annoying. What will happen when you are multitasking and want to close the app you're in and can't press the home button because you will end the call you are currently in? Oh yeah I forgot, you will probably request another app to do this.
    Last edited by gQstatus05; 2009-01-24 at 03:41 AM.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

i also would like this app.

remember, this would be just OPTIONAL. people coming in here to cite their multitasking usage should remember they aren't required to install it and that other people use their iphones differently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast