Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Access my iPhone's music library w/ multiple computers?

Default Access my iPhone's music library w/ multiple computers?
    This seems like an obvious question, but for whatever reason I can't seem to find an answer on any of the MMi forums...

Is there any way to sync my iPhone with two separate computers? I know there's SwapTunes, but then I have two independent music libraries on my phone, right? There's no way to get songs from two computers on to one iPhone music library?

Thanks in advance...

Doesnt seem like it. I have been wanting to know the samething but I only found the Swap program.

Thanks

No there's no current way, because your phone is recognized as a different device for each computer. To use the same library, the pairing information stored on each computer would also need to be the same.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    No there's no current way, because your phone is recognized as a different device for each computer. To use the same library, the pairing information stored on each computer would also need to be the same.
    I see... And I'm guessing there's no easy way to copy that pairing information between computers, right?

That's too bad; it's not like you can transfer the songs off your iPhone via iTunes anyway, so it seems silly that they wouldn't let you add songs from two different computers.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks

To tell you the truth, I never tried it. The pairing information for the Mac is located in ~/Library/Lockdown, I don't know where for the PC, but it would be kept in the same folder.

And I highly doubt you'd be able to share the pairing files between a PC and a Mac.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

Really. Is getting a blank DVD and copying your music to the 2nd PC too much?
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Really. Is getting a blank DVD and copying your music to the 2nd PC too much?
    I would, if that's what I was trying to do. I'm not trying to get the music off of my iPhone. I just want to be able to add music to my phone from a second computer if, say, I happen to download a new album while I'm away from my primary computer.

Thanks

I know what you are trying to do. Is it too much to copy it to DVD, or get a cheap pen drive and copy it that way? Why do you need to complicate things?

Worst case scenario, you have to wait a day or so to sync it to the phone
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    I know what you are trying to do. Is it too much to copy it to DVD, or get a cheap pen drive and copy it that way? Why do you need to complicate things?

Worst case scenario, you have to wait a day or so to sync it to the phone
    Well yes, that is what I have to do now. But it is not what I would call convenient. I was hoping there was some better solution. I never had an iPod before so maybe this is the status quo.

Default Try sharepod man!!
    Hey, here i have a option for your problem, try with sharepod, you need itunes intalled, but, use sharepod, and u can sync in any computer..... enjoy it !!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to radeon3d For This Useful Post:

tomstrummer (2008-06-30)

Also there is an app called MNPlight that makes it so you can sync to many computers as well as many other great features. You can find more information at: MNPlight: MoveNPlay Light Client for iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by radeon3d View Post
    Hey, here i have a option for your problem, try with sharepod, you need itunes intalled, but, use sharepod, and u can sync in any computer..... enjoy it !!
    Awesome man, that's just what I was looking for. Thanks.

Link for others who may be interested: SharePod

The only other thing I could ask for would be some way to get the album artwork on there as well, but that would just be nit picking

Thanks again!

Hey nickmc01, MNPlight: MoveNPlay Light have support for song art or album art ?