Results 1 to 8 of 8

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: What About BLUETOOH!!!

  1. #1
    Post What About BLUETOOH!!!
    are theere any apps that would let me use bluetooh either to send/recieve songs/pics/files to/from any other bluetooth devices? OR MAYBE SOMEONE COULD DEVELOP something
    (/)EMESIS

  2. #2
    No apps as of yet. A developer would need to rewrite the BT stack.
    Search NAZI

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post
    No apps as of yet. A developer would need to rewrite the BT stack.
    Oh! which i bet is time consuming huh? you think apple will have and update that would let us do that i mean send/recieve with bluetooh
    (/)EMESIS

  4. #4
    Time consuming? Probably. But first, SDK's would help. How should I now what Apple has planned for future releases?
    Search NAZI

  5. #5
    Retired Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,784
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 395 Times in 268 Posts

    his would be a big, big task. Have you seen how music files look when you access them via WinSCP or finder? The albums are all named F01, F02, F03 etc , and all the music files are all named with a combination of four letters and numbers, for example C6W7.mp3. It won't be very convenient at all to send files to people. So getting bluetooth to work which would probably involve editing some baseband (cringe) is only one of many steps up the steep steep hill. But then again, I may be wrong, it could be very easy. As if.

  6. #6
    well it isnt posile only with BT, wifi would be an option, like you can do with psp, original firmware allows you to send and receive photos over ad-hoc connection
    and different aplications for psp like IrShell use this feature to send any type of files.
    dont know if iphone can do ad-hoc connections to other iphones but just an idea

  7. #7
    Retired Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,784
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 395 Times in 268 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xllzerollx View Post
    well it isnt posile only with BT, wifi would be an option, like you can do with psp, original firmware allows you to send and receive photos over ad-hoc connection
    and different aplications for psp like IrShell use this feature to send any type of files.
    dont know if iphone can do ad-hoc connections to other iphones but just an idea
    There was an app not too long ago called DropCopy that was meant to do what you say, but there were very many reports saying that it didn't work.

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,141
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    his would be a big, big task. Have you seen how music files look when you access them via WinSCP or finder? The albums are all named F01, F02, F03 etc , and all the music files are all named with a combination of four letters and numbers, for example C6W7.mp3. It won't be very convenient at all to send files to people. So getting bluetooth to work which would probably involve editing some baseband (cringe) is only one of many steps up the steep steep hill. But then again, I may be wrong, it could be very easy. As if.
    It doesn't matter what the file is called as itunes only bothers about the id3 tags

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •