Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Speed Dial" like thing

Default "Speed Dial" like thing
    The past few days i've been thinking about something that would make iphone easier to make calls fast. I came up with the idea of an application that would allow you to take a picture of a person in your contacts and put it on your home screen and when you click the picture it calls them. it is almost the same concept as the t-mobile Fave 5 but you could put whoever you want on there and it would make people such as family, friends or even Employees whom which you call frequently easier and faster to call. i have no idea how to build an application but if someone could connect the strings corectly i think this would be a very very useful application.

Thanks,
    0pepper
    Last edited by 0pepper; 2008-06-21 at 09:10 PM.

look for an app called springdial, will let you do exactly that, extract the photo on your address book , and add it to the home screen ...

No unfortuntly it won't let you add it to the home screen it stays within the application. You have to open up the application then pick the picture then it only enters it in the dialer then you have to hit dial i just wanna a one click application you click it and your done, straight to the call right from the home screen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nope. Spingdial places the contact photos on the home screen for dialing. Has been around for a while and works well ...

Thanks for that tip. I can't wait to try springdial. Hope it works

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Download Intelliscreen, you can do a trial before paying for it if you like it.
    It has a new feature called IntelliDial, what does this is you just bring you phone up, push the Home Button once and then it brings you to a screen with your contacts pictures and all you have to do is double-tap their picture to call them. Really simple and easy to use.
    Btw it's only $5 to buy it. It's a great application.

Check out the thread here:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...-steriods.html

If you're still looking around for speed dial options for your phone, there's also a nice speed dial app on the app store now (aptly called "Speed Dial"). It's still one click off from being on the home screen, but its getting closer!

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...284994083&mt=8