Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Email Alert Notify

Default Email Alert Notify
    I'd like it like I had on my BB to be able to set an alert for each email account, do ya think that's possible?

I have that already. Maybe your not understanding me. I want to be able to individually set an audio alert for each one of my email accounts. So that when I get an email on my Comcast an audio alert will sound and when I get an email on my Yahoo a different audio alert will sound. Now do you get it? Anyone that's had a BB knows what I mean

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I figured you were meaning something like that. And the reason BB did it was because your text and your SMS was in the same place. I think (I had one a while back) you could split the ring tones.

As for setting different ring tones for different mail accounts would require possibly making your own settings. I mean, you would have code settings and match them to the ones right now. Then, instead of using the common link to the standard sound, you would have to link it to the new one you have created.

I my self am not sure if it can be done. 2.0 may very well bring something like that. I know the mail application is getting some updates that have not been announced, but if you watch the keynote, intro video, or any iPhone 2.0 video you will see.