Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nice colorchooser

Default Nice colorchooser
    Hi everybody!

I noted that there's no default ColorChooser on the iPhone/iPod touch, and even no HSB <-> RGB conversion tool.
    So I programmed a (imho) quite nice color chooser, and also that conversion tool (which was necessary for the color chooser anyway).

It's open source, of course.

I've added a demo download so you can test how it'll look (install it, chmod it, run it).
    Try dragging your finger on the color circle, try setting the brightness to 20-30% and also test alpha! Note that you can init the color chooser with any color.

The second download are the actual sources, also for the demo app.

I've added a few screenshots (the ..._dragging images are screenshots made while draging; then the circle moves up so you can see it).

Hope you like it!

PS: I've posted the same on the idevdocs. I hope you've got no problem with that...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -bright_blue_dragging.jpg   -dark_magenta.jpg   -dark_red_dragging.jpg   -transparent_green.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Choo_ For This Useful Post:

monsterkodi (2008-03-31)

Not to be rude..but wat is the point of this program??
    Did I Help you?? Then Hit the Thanks button!
    16gb iPhone running 1.1.4
    Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    MMi ROCKS!!!!

It's not a program, it is a nice utility for programmers to add to their app. For example, the authors of sketch could use this to allow thevend user to pick a new ink color.

This isn't Native Apps, this is the programmer's forum.

Thanks

Well thought out Choo, maybe some of the developers can incorporate this.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

vishnuvenky, NetMage said it. And your not rude - this programm really has absolutely no point for the "normal user". It should just give programmers who possibly want to use it a preview.

If you want to see it in a more useful context, check the updated version of Fractalicious (fractalicious.googlecode.com) - it uses the color chooser already.

Default nice indeed
    Hello Choo,

the chooser is really nice. I am currently working on the Terminal application (http://code.google.com/p/mobileterminal/) and will use a slightly modificated version of it in the preferences.

Thanks for the good work,

yours kodi