Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no-ip.com updater

Default no-ip.com updater
    i was wondering if some one was willing to port or make an app that will update your ip as it changers to the no-ip.com dns redirect site the program is here http://www.no-ip.com/downloads.php they have versions for windows, mac and Linux / BSD / Unix

this isn't possible as they don't distribute the source
    there are 10 kinds of people in this world:
    those who understand binary and those who don't

damn thought it could be dissembled or something

ok how about zoneedit.com's zedyn Index of /doc/code/zedyn
    Last edited by jesterod; 2008-06-15 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The No-IP DUC source code is available for Linux, and this source code compiles successfully under Darwin. I didn't play around with it too much on the iPhone, but I was unable to get the Linux noip2 client compiled on the iPhone with FW 2.0.1. It compiled, linked and was code-signed, but it reported a bad system call upon execution, so it didn't exactly work.

However, No-IP supports updates through HTTP GET requests, as they indicate on their Developer Site.

Therefore, as long as you have a way to use HTTP (command line or Safari), it can be done without the DUC. From the command line, a utility like cURL or wget should work just fine.

I installed cURL, gawk, grep and other common commands through Cydia. With such a configuration, a script like the below would work:

(Well, I was going to put in-line code here, but it seems that the forum software globbed and digested all the dollar sign variable substitutions in the script, making it unreadable. Instead it is attached as a "*.txt" file for compatibility with the forum...)
    Attached Files Attached Files