Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can someone help me with my iphone wish list?

Default Can someone help me with my iphone wish list?
    I'm new to iphone so I don't want to break it but There are some things I would like my iphone to do that I have seen on youtube or read about and thought I would make this post for instructions.

Wish #1: I would like to make some of my mp3 sound effects ringtones. I don't have the most recent version of garageband and they aren't even avalible in the itunes store. Is there an app I could use to do this and How do I install it safely?

Wish #2: I think I read of a way to use the iphone as a skype phone when near a wifi area. This would help me save minutes and I love skype. Is there an app I could use to do this and How do I install it safely?

Wish #3 Chat. Is there a third party chat app that I could use for aim, yahoo, and msn messaging? I would love to save my sms since I only get 200! If so, How do I install it safely?

Wish #4 The light saber app, the one that lets you make light saber sounds with the phone. Any tips?

Wish #5 I saw a youtube video where someone installed an NES emulator to play mario on the iphone. Anyone know how to do this one?

Wish #6 How do I correctly install and run Navison GPS for the iphone?

Also, is there anything I should know about running these apps?

Mac OS X 10.5 iphone version 1.1.4

iPhone? More like MyPhone jiniej's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't want to break it
    Do you mean jailbreak it? You have to do this to be able to do these things. To jailbreak your phone go here. Download iLiberty+ 1.51 for Mac - iLiberty+ - A software application that helps you jailbreak, activate and unlock your iPhone - Softpedia and dowload iLiberty, and jail break your phone. after you've done that.....

Wish1: I'm not really sure about this one, there's an app, but i forget what its called. I know it's possible though.

Wish2: Go to installer, and install Fring, after you install it, open fring up, go to the communities part, tap skype and enter in your skype details.

Wish3: Use Fring for this too! Just go to the communities section and enter in your AIM details, then tap subscribe.

Wish4: Don't know about this one, I'll get back to you on it.
    Wish5: Yes, there is a NES emulator for the iPhone, it's in installer, it's called, uh, NES, go to installer and search for it.

Wish6: Just go to installer and install Navizon.

just make sure to refresh your sources often and update your apps.

any questions?
    Last edited by jiniej; 2008-06-14 at 08:11 PM.
    "foreign corporations > swedish law"

Quote Originally Posted by space_invader64 View Post
    I'm new to iphone so I don't want to break it but There are some things I would like my iphone to do that I have seen on youtube or read about and thought I would make this post for instructions.

Wish #1: I would like to make some of my mp3 sound effects ringtones. I don't have the most recent version of garageband and they aren't even avalible in the itunes store. Is there an app I could use to do this and How do I install it safely?

Wish #2: I think I read of a way to use the iphone as a skype phone when near a wifi area. This would help me save minutes and I love skype. Is there an app I could use to do this and How do I install it safely?

Wish #3 Chat. Is there a third party chat app that I could use for aim, yahoo, and msn messaging? I would love to save my sms since I only get 200! If so, How do I install it safely?

Wish #4 The light saber app, the one that lets you make light saber sounds with the phone. Any tips?

Wish #5 I saw a youtube video where someone installed an NES emulator to play mario on the iphone. Anyone know how to do this one?

do you even know what google is?

Thanks

Open up Installer. You'll be amazed!
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by space_invader64 View Post

wish3: use apollo or mobile chat

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Have you jailbroken your iPhone?

wish 1: use itunes, as simple as that. u import your mp3s, rightclick and make a 30 second selection. then rightclick again and choose "convert to aac". once done, u rightclick - "show in finder" and than change the files extension from .m4a to .m4r and u can now drag and drop this file in your itunes ringtone section.