Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: question sms notification

Default question sms notification
    is there or is anyone working on app where the popping up of the incoming text being displayed can be stop until accessing the sms icon. this i becoming very annoying when i give people my iphone to play with. i then get the phone back because i just recieve an very very private text that someone should not be reading.

Thanks

thread moved!

please post in the right forum...

LOL I know what you mean, you can turn the SMS Preview off from:

Settings--General--Passcode Lock--Show SMS Preview--OFF

The box will still appear but it will say "Text Message" under the sender's name.

thanks i will use this for the time being. i just hat the use of passcodes to enter my phone.

man i coming from an unlocked 8525 that was completly modded and tricked out. man i almost got torn a new ahole by my girlfriend on new years (keyword almost). if i didnt have the the palm messaging app on that phone which hides the notification inside of the bubble, just displays "1 new mail notification". she would have read the text on the screen bad way to start the year off lol.

can we start working on this hell i will do it if someone guides me. or at least a way to manipulate the actual text display without having to use the passcode feature

again sorry about the wrong section

The simplest way to do it would be to have Apple take the SMS Preview On/Off option out of the passcode section and make it an option on its own, but that would be asking too much of Apple.

Dang, I was trying to fix this problem, because this is causing big problems on the home front

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the psyl app does it, but has screwed my phone since I used it