Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: app to toggle on/off screen rotation

Default app to toggle on/off screen rotation
    it would be nice if there was an app that could do this. I love the auto rotation but sometimes I wish I could turn it off. For instance, when Im laying down on my side and surfing the net, I have to read the screen sideways because it auto rotates safari. Im sure you know what I mean, and if you dont, then try it and you will.

anyone else find this annoying?

iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    it would be nice if there was an app that could do this. I love the auto rotation but sometimes I wish I could turn it off. For instance, when Im laying down on my side and surfing the net, I have to read the screen sideways because it auto rotates safari. Im sure you know what I mean, and if you dont, then try it and you will.

anyone else find this annoying?
    I'll second that annoyance. I was just talking about that the other day.
    Thank me if I helped you out!

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I find it annoying. But it has been requested before. It is not known how to turn off the rotation of the iPhone...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

someone finally figured it out.. the app is on installer but I havent tried it yet..
    its called Paysage-Off.. and it only stops the safari accelerometer. Which is really the only one I would like to disable at times..

tried it and it didnt work for me... hmm
    Last edited by reznor9; 2008-06-16 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Paysage Doesnt work right now unfortunately..

I'd love to see a working app for this. Locking the screen in landscape mode for Safari.

And an option to either disable it for the iPod function or just turn off Cover Flow. Cover Flow is useless for me.

Default I agree 100%
    I for one can't stand the auto-rotate feature. It has only ever been an annoyance, as it's dependent on position rather than function. Whoever implemented this wasn't thinking much. I think (know) I'd actually pay for an app in the app store that would disable the auto-rotate, but only if it works for safari AND the music player. I can't stand landscape safari or coverflow ipod. I've never jailbroken my phone, but if this were possible and apple doesn't offer it, jailbreak, here I come.