Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can someone PLEASE make an app "Remove Airplane Mode Nag"

Default can someone PLEASE make an app "Remove Airplane Mode Nag"
    Whenever you plugin an unsupported device, it comes up with a nag screen every time about "This accessory is not made to work with iPhone"

Can someone make/add a menu option to turn this notification off? Or instructions on how to do it ourselves. Thanks!

I second that. I absolutely hate that popup. TIA!
    Last edited by CHI3F; 2007-11-23 at 05:22 PM. Reason: ...

OMG yes... someone plz!

I would have liked this a while ago... But my old iPhone shorted out after plugging it on my old video dock, so I'm never touching an older dock again...
    Thanks,
    Matt

bump. someone needs to remove this asap, or offer some direction how to do it.

Personally I'd hate to remove this notification because if you accidentally plug your iPhone (as suggested above) into an unsupported dock, etc, you will end up frying it.

*bump*

A year later and we still haven't solved this?

I get this message everytime I unlock my iphone now, it got wet a few weeks ago, tried cleaning etc but no avail.

If I could remove the nag, be awesome, have we figured out a solution yet?

Quote Originally Posted by gardz View Post
    Personally I'd hate to remove this notification because if you accidentally plug your iPhone (as suggested above) into an unsupported dock, etc, you will end up frying it.
    Why would it fry the iphone? I just got an older uni dock off ebay (a real apple one, just the older version with the circular IR receiver) and can't see why it would cause anything to short out. Is the hardware THAT different inside the old uni dock vs the new one that it could actually do something like that? Any shorting imo would be due to something else (damaged dock, frayed cable, etc)...but I could be wrong.

Anyhow, "bump" as I'd love to get rid of this message on my iphone...I only wanted the uni dock so I can use my agent 18 dock adapter and have the phone upright while charging/syncing or just so I can see it better if I have an alert go off or call/sms come in.

Default Another call for a hack
    I second, er... third the request for a hack to turn off the airplane nag. I plug my iPhone into lots of different things, and I never want airplane mode unless I'm actually in an airplane. Has anyone figured out a hack to disable this message?
    Last edited by daaron; 2008-06-14 at 02:24 AM.

in
    \System\Library\PrivateFrameworks\IAP.framework\Su pport

delete or rename the file "iapd"

reboot iPhone ...

works on my device

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RBC9 For This Useful Post:

SharpieBandit (2008-09-03)

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RBC9 View Post
    in
    SystemLibraryPrivateFrameworksIAP.frameworkSupport

reboot iPhone ...

works on my device
    I tried this and then my phone got stuck at the unlock screen when it booted up. I waited a few minutes and the slider remained unresponsive. I got tired of waiting so I reset my phone and changed the file name back. Phone is still working fine, but I still get that accessory message.
    Last edited by SharpieBandit; 2008-09-03 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

Quote Originally Posted by RBC9 View Post
    in
    SystemLibraryPrivateFrameworksIAP.frameworkSupport

reboot iPhone ...

works on my device

I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS!!

i tried this twice and both times it froze up my phone on the lock screen and reboots wouldnt fix it. i even SSH'ed into my phone, put the file back where i deleted it (i saved a backup of it) and reset the phone again and my phone was still frozen up.

restored the phone on itunes and everything is back to normal.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

yes please, is it possible or is it too hard core of a system thing that will cause hangs lockups?

I post a thread asking this same question awhile ago but didnt get any responses.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/3rd-par...-question.html

anyone, anyone? ?

Thanks

Anyone have an app or fix that wont fubar my iphone?
    Ruler of Omicron Persei 8

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

I upgraded to 2.0.2 and cleaned out my phone[on the bottom AND in the earphone jack(you wouldn't believe how much was in there)] with a safety pin and now I've lost the pop up. I'm not sure if it randomly quit or one of those two things fixed it, but maybe it'll help you. Could be worth a try.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

I also have the same issue that a notification comes up ALL THE TIME after trying to put it in an incompatable dock..

Anyone got a solution that dont involve upgrading to 2.0?

Regards,
    Johan

I have now upgraded to 2.1 and still the annoying popup. Anyone else having these problems?

I had the problem on my first iPhone (from 9/07).

Long story short it got progressively worse over the course of 6 months, starting about Feb 08, till finally no amount of cleaning (with a magnifying glass and a toothpick) in the dock connector would clear it (sometimes it helped). When I finally went in to an Apple store this past July to check it out at the Genius bar, the message was constant, to the point of barely being able to use the phone (the message appeared EVERY time I unlocked it). This after trying restores, upgrading/downgrading software, setting up as a new phone, etc. etc.

If you are still under warranty, just make sure there is no water damage, and take it in after syncing/backing it up, and then loading the latest software on it (and then don't jailbreak it!).

HTH.

i would love an app/hack to remove the nag/add my device to the "made for iphone" list.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone ever figure anything out for this, there has got to be a way to disable it.
    If I helped you dont be afraid to click thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast