Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Repo with iFlix?

Default Repo with iFlix?
    Does anyone know of a repo that has iflix on it? It's been removed from the STE repo and I just restored my phone the other day. Now I can't get it

Thanks!!!!

I have been searching for iFlix as well since I had to restore my iPod this last weekend but haven't been able to locate it yet.

Have you had any luck yet?

Unfortunately it appears as if the developer has pulled all copies of it from the web.

Nope...Maybe somebody can make one?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Alright guys, I figured it all out, heres how it goes.

First, if you are using windows, you will need a program to mount the DMG. I used a trial of TransMac. After installing that, you will need this DMG File: iFlix (v0.9.9.1 RC). Open that up using TransMac and navigate to the spot where you see 'iFlix.app'. SSH into your phone (search it on YouTube if you need help with this) and copy that folder to the 'Applications' folder(You will first need to copy the iFlix.app folder to your desktop or somewhere outside of the DMG).

Now restart the phone and iFlix is on your screen. Problem is that if you are running 1.1.3 or 1.1.4, you will experience the White Screen/Crash. This can be fixed by SSHing back into the phone, going to the iFlix.app folder and locating the file simply called 'iFlix'. I will specifically say this for those using WinSCP, but all have the same steps needed after finding the menu. Right click 'iFlix' and select properties. On the 'Common' tab, change the 'Octal' number under 'Permissions' to '0755' mine was '0644' originally. This will fix your crash problems.

I wanted this program so bad, I know there are more people like me as well.
    Last edited by digitaldivinci; 2008-06-07 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Fixed because forum automerged two posts

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to digitaldivinci For This Useful Post:

Bootleg127 (2008-07-04), RugbyDog (2008-07-19)

Default Thank you so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldivinci View Post
    Alright guys, I figured it all out, heres how it goes.

First, if you are using windows, you will need a program to mount the DMG. I used a trial of TransMac. After installing that, you will need this DMG File: iFlix (v0.9.9.1 RC). Open that up using TransMac and navigate to the spot where you see 'iFlix.app'. SSH into your phone (search it on YouTube if you need help with this) and copy that folder to the 'Applications' folder(You will first need to copy the iFlix.app folder to your desktop or somewhere outside of the DMG).

Now restart the phone and iFlix is on your screen. Problem is that if you are running 1.1.3 or 1.1.4, you will experience the White Screen/Crash. This can be fixed by SSHing back into the phone, going to the iFlix.app folder and locating the file simply called 'iFlix'. I will specifically say this for those using WinSCP, but all have the same steps needed after finding the menu. Right click 'iFlix' and select properties. On the 'Common' tab, change the 'Octal' number under 'Permissions' to '0755' mine was '0644' originally. This will fix your crash problems.

I wanted this program so bad, I know there are more people like me as well.

Thank you for your very thorough directions on how to get Iflix on my phone. Especially helpful was your link to Transmac, and your detailed instructions on how to fix my permissions.

Thanks again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

digitaldivinci, you are awesome. Thanks so much for posting the how to. Works great!