Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone customize

Default Iphone customize
    How do you make your own themes for customize? I want to create my own icon pics, battery, etc...
    Thanks in advance
    BTW - I have windows xp

So, know one knows?!
    Last edited by JewelDiamond; 2007-10-24 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I use Adobe Photoshop, its a nice program with a lot of good features

yes, i have that, but i need to know how you create them to work with customize. In other works how do I get my pics converted and added into customize?

Guess I'll be just google searching this up since no one can help... :/
    Last edited by JewelDiamond; 2007-10-24 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Upload them to: /var/root/library/customize/typeof/name

Typeof: type of image (bars, battery, etc)
    Name: Name of the image group to show in customize.
    Last edited by agentfubu; 2007-10-25 at 01:25 AM.

Upload them to: /var/root/library/customize/typeof/name

i have done it exactly as you wrote it!!

I went to Customize and select my icon but i still have original name of mobile operator!!

DO you know what i did wrong is there some trick??

Default carrier change to whatever you want
    download erica's make it mine from installer.app and it does it for you

Thanks

You need to change your carrier name string to AT&T. You can do that with Erica "make it mine" or with "extended preferences".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alleniphone View Post
    download erica's make it mine from installer.app and it does it for you
    This works well if all you want to do is change the text of the carrier. if you prefer an icon it wont work.

I spent a good part of yesterday solving this problem for myself. Apparently Customize assumes the iPhone is on T-Mobile (at least mine did). When I browsed my files using Finder (with Preview) installed, I could see that Customize was renaming the icon of my choice to the T-mobile defaults. I needed to edit the plist in Customize to reflect that my default was AT&T ( you can choose another carrier here)

This is what you can do:
    You will need to do this using teh Finder app within your iPhone. You will need to have installer download it for you if you don't already have it. I dont believe there is a way to edit plist files on a Windows machine. A Mac might have a program but I have no clue as to Macs.

Navigate to the Customize application folder and then to the settings folder. highlight the chooserviews.plist file

press "modify" and the following screen will open up.

You will need to set all the permissions to "write" and "execute".

Open up the chooserviews.plist file, scroll down to where you see the reference to the default carrier and edit the name to reflect what your actual carrier is.

Press "Save".

Exit out of Finder and your Customize should now work changing your carrier icon.

How to check in Finder to see where Customize is storing your custom icon. You will need to have Preview.app installed to see the thumbnail.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by bhz1; 2008-01-23 at 12:07 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

river0 (2008-01-23)

Dont you upload them to private/then the rest?

Thanks

You can manually upload the icons into springboard but then you cant swap them using Customize. If you just want to change it once, that works well, but if you want to change your icon with your theme its just a little more work.

Just noticed that I had posted screenshots with the previous post and they are not there.

Just resaved my previous post and the images showed up

Hi bhz1--

VERY helpful stuff. Thanks. I'm new to Finder on the iPhone itself, however, so I need some tips about getting to the settings folder inside the Customize folder.

After getting into Customize, I've tried the Settings button, but that seems to shift me to a higher "level" folder. Clearly I'm missing something here. I've tried a number of approaches, all without success, and I'm leery about much more blind exploring. What do I need to do to get from /Applications/Customize.app/ to /Applications/Customize.app/settings/?

Thanks.

Navigate to the Customize application folder and then to the settings folder. highlight the chooserviews.plist file

Thanks

Double tap on Customize.app. You may have to change your settings in finder (the settings box at the top of the screen). To set application launch and executable launch to "off". Otherwise customize will open up instead of going to the next folder level.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

river0 (2008-01-23)

Default "Carrier Images" Option disappears from Customize Menu
    Bingo! That did it--I needed to turn off the application launch setting.

Do you happen to know of any resource that provides this kind of information concerning other Customize features?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    Double tap on Customize.app. You may have to change your settings in finder (the settings box at the top of the screen). To set application launch and executable launch to "off". Otherwise customize will open up instead of going to the next folder level.
    Last edited by river0; 2008-01-23 at 09:55 PM.

Your other features will not change after selection either? Like the Battery Images and so forth??

Reako

Green Apple
    Thanks
    hi!

hmm.. how to put it..?
    can you use Customize and give your phone a theme as easy is in Summerboard? just pick a predefined theme, and choose to use it? and all the springboard-items and dock will have new look?
    Turimblar

Thanks

Nope. everything stays the same.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JewelDiamond View Post
    yes, i have that, but i need to know how you create them to work with customize. In other works how do I get my pics converted and added into customize?

Guess I'll be just google searching this up since no one can help... :/
    I think the best thing to do is download a copy of whatever you want to change and open the image in photoshop. You then can look at the image info to see what size it is, and most everything will be saved as a png file.

Dont do anything complicated.Try Erica's make it mine.
    Set carrier string to AT&T.If that doesnt work set it to T-Mobile or any other
    carrier the Iphone officially ships with.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yup im pretty sure idk how to edit the plist

I tried Customize , but it seems is not working. I tryed to change the battery image and the calculator outlook with no result.
    What' wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast