Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Downgrade Fail!!!

Default iPhone 3GS Downgrade Fail!!!
    Basically, was running iOS 5 and phone lagged alot, then i read i can downgrade to iOS 4, so i used 4.3.3 according to the tutorial of a certain website. I tried downgrading now its stuck in a recovery loop, not a normal recovery loop. I have tried every single software out there to try and kick it out of recovery mode but it wont budge. iTunes wont let me restore it with any another firmware. and it gives me a new error everytime (todays one was 1015, and yes i have tried iREB). the phone is just being stubborn. No blobs saved. Please i really need my phone and really need some help

Ya I had that same problem... It sucked lol ok so here is what you do:
    1.make a custom firmware
    2.use 7zip to open an archive
    3.pull a copy of the applelogo.img3 in firmware/all_flash/all_flash_productions/
    4Rename it the same as the LLB.img3 delete the original LLB and then cp the renamed applelogo back into the archive.
    5start TU and TSS put your device in pwned dfu and restore with that firmware
    6 when it finishes you should get an error 37 and an iPhone stuck in dfu this is a hardware or true dfu mode
    7restore again with a non corrupt Ipsw and your NAND should re-parition itself and get you back up and running!
    GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by harner818; 2011-09-26 at 08:13 PM.

Thanks for the reply. I have a question, which firmware do i use? also, i can't really understand all the abbreviations you used

Quote Originally Posted by harner818 View Post
    1.make a custom firmware
    3.pull a copy of the applelogo.img3 in firmware/all_flash/all_flash_productions/
    4Rename it the same as the LLB.img3 delete the original LLB and then cp the renamed applelogo back into the archive.
    6 when it finishes you should get an error 37 and an iPhone stuck in dfu this is a hardware or true dfu mode
    7restore again with a non corrupt Ipsw and your NAND should re-parition itself and get you back up and running!
    GOOD LUCK!
    Thanks for the reply. I have a question, which firmware do i use? also, i can't really understand all the abbreviations you used
    Last edited by kazim786; 2011-09-26 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harner818 View Post
    1.make a custom firmware
    GOOD LUCK!
    Okay ignore the above posts. I did exactly as you said, and everything was going okay until part 6. it did go into try dfu mode (i think) but i didn't get an error 37 and when i tried restoring with a normal ipsw, it gave me an 1600 error.

Thing is, i don't know how to change the folder with the ipsw files back into .ipsw that iTunes can use.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Do you have 4.3.3 blob ?

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Do you have 4.3.3 blob ?
    Not a single blob, i even checked with iFaith. i had blobs for my previous 3GS but not for this one.

Thanks

You can still restore to stock 4.1 as apple resigns back the firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    You can still restore to stock 4.1 as apple resigns back the firmware.
    oh good, that'll make things easier, but do i have to restore in hardware dfu mode with a custom 4.1, or do i just do it normally?

Thanks

Point your hosts file back to apple server, do it within Tiny Umbrella.
    Put iphone into dfu mode and restore to stock 4.1 in itunes.
    Run TU and use exit recovery to kick error 1015.
    Now you are at emergency screen.

Quote Originally Posted by iyeow View Post
    point your hosts file back to apple server, do it within tiny umbrella.
    Put iphone into dfu mode and restore to stock 4.1 in itunes.
    Run tu and use exit recovery to kick error 1015.
    Now you are at emergency screen.
    omg! It worked, thanks a bunch!!

Thanks

You are welcome