Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP, iPhone 3GS downgrade.

Default HELP, iPhone 3GS downgrade.
    I need help,

my 3GS was jailbroken and unlocked on 4.2.1 and I tried to restore the phone via iTunes. Doing this I bricked the phone but managed to downgrade to 4.1 and got the phone up and running through iREB. I then tried to update to 4.3.5 but bricked the phone again and used the process from before to unbrick it.

My question is; is there anyway to restore the phone to its factory setting without bricking it? Or at least update the software on it without bricking it again. I need to update since many apps do not work on 4.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

What error are you getting and what is your baseband/modem firmware?

I get 1015 error when I try to restore or update to 4.3.5 and the phone is subsequently bricked. Both times I have had to downgrade to 4.1. I am currently running modem firmware 06.15.00

Is there anyway to format the whole thing and start again as though it was just out the box?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

There is no way to remove that baseband and you will always get errors with it when restoring to regular firmware. Do you know what SHSH you have?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

arcaripicinisco (2011-09-25)

Not sure which SHSH I have, is there a way to find out?

Is there absolutely no way to change the baseband back? Surely if it can be changed to that it could be changed back!

Thanks for your help so far

Quote Originally Posted by arcaripicinisco View Post
    Not sure which SHSH I have, is there a way to find out?

Is there absolutely no way to change the baseband back? Surely if it can be changed to that it could be changed back!

Thanks for your help so far
    Use TinyUmbrella to find out if you have any SHSHs

Absolutely no way to change baseband back, we just are hoping something gets released after iOS 5, but it's uncertain: Downgrade 6.15.00 to 5.13.04 iPhone 3GS to Fix GPS Problem is Postponed After iOS 5 Release !! - PwnageTool

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Greg. For This Useful Post:

Is there anyway to update to 4.3.5? As I mentioned in a previous post, many of the apps I had will not work on 4.1.

Can I find out through iReb if I have any SHSHs? I previously tried to use Tiny Umbrella but it would not work for me.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You can't restore to 4.3.5 because you have the iPad bb and even if you did, you may not get signal.
    You only option is to restore back to stock or custom firmware of 4.1. Error 1015 can be kick out by exit recovery from TU

I am currently running 4.1 in order to get it out of a recovery state. Before going into recovery state I think I was running 4.2.1. Is there anyway to update to 4.2.1 at least, because many apps won't run on 4.1.

Thanks

Yes , you can restore to 4.2.1 only if you have the blob and you can only restore to custom firmware of 4.2.1

Do you know how I can do this?

Thanks

also do you think a baseband downgrade will be possible after iOS 5 release?
    Last edited by arcaripicinisco; 2011-09-25 at 09:45 AM.

Thanks

You need to run TSS server from tiny umbrella with your 4.2.1 saved blob, put iPhone into pwned dfu, you can use redsnow 0.9.6 b8 ,choose option set iPhone into dfu mode. Run iTunes and restore to custom firmware of 4.2.! Which you have to build yourself.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

This sounds difficult. Any chance yoiu know of a video to show me how?

Sorry but I am not much of an expert!

Thanks

Watch some YouTube or do a search from this forum on how to remove battery, bear in mind if it is a hardware logic board issue, then nothing can be done, most likely is your dock connector on your iPhone .

Sorry, you have lost me. I need to remove the battery in order to restore to 4.2.1?

Thanks

Oops , I am sorry, ignore post #14, Last night I was juggling with u and two other guys ,tired after being online for 12 hours and posted wrongly, my mistake.
    No wonder you were lost .