Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade 4.1 (06.15.00) to 4.3.5 - Not jailbroken - Quick question

Default Upgrade 4.1 (06.15.00) to 4.3.5 - Not jailbroken - Quick question
    Hi, so I got a 'bricked' iPhone from the internet. Recovery mode, and couldn't restore. Did an ECID search via TinyUmbrella, brought back SHSHs for 4.1, 4.3.5 and all the iOS 5 betas.

Managed to get it working by running TSS server on TU, having a clean hosts file, and option-restoring to stock 4.1 firmware (not sure whether this was correct procedure - I'm new to iPhones). Worked fine, and saw it had 06.15.00 baseband (which I guess came from iOS 5).

Now what I ideally want to do is upgrade to 4.3.5, however I've been having problems doing so - I thought it would be easy. Just clicking upgrade = 1015 error which didn't seem to be kickable. DFU mode and option-restore to 4.3.5 also didn't work. I'm not planning to jailbreak my device, so I'm just looking to benefit from the faster safari, more app compatibility and so on.

Any advice? I think it may be due to the iPad baseband? If it's not worth it then I'll leave it working at 4.1!
    Last edited by Greg.; 2011-09-22 at 02:59 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Use the latest redsnow 0.9.9b1 to exit recovery after getting the 1015 error when restoring to 4.3.5.

In redsnow click extras then "recovery fix". Then follow the instructions redsnow gives you.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Use the latest redsnow 0.9.9b1 to exit recovery after getting the 1015 error when restoring to 4.3.5.

In redsnow click extras then "recovery fix". Then follow the instructions redsnow gives you.
    Will this leave it unjailbroken? And when I restore to 4.3.5 how should I do it - via update in iTunes, or DFU mode restore? I'm just looking for a functional iPhone on the 06.15.00 baseband.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Yes, it will leave it unjailbroken. It will just allow it to boot up after the 1015 error. You can update or restore, shouldnt matter.

Sorry one more thing! A quick scan on the internet talks about GPS problems with 06.15.00. Well my GPS seems to work fine on 4.1 on 06.15.00 - am I at risk of messing up my GPS if I upgrade?

Thanks

Your true GPS will not work with 6.15 no matter what firmware you are on. Google maps and anything that uses cell tower triangulation will still work. If you try to use a turn by turn GPS app like Tom Tom it will not work.

Your true GPS will not work with 6.15 no matter what firmware you are on. Google maps and anything that uses cell tower triangulation will still work. If you try to use a turn by turn GPS app like Tom Tom it will not work.
    At the moment I get the purple GPS arrow appearing for apps, and when I go into Maps, it gets my location fine?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greg. View Post
    At the moment I get the purple GPS arrow appearing for apps, and when I go into Maps, it gets my location fine?
    uh huh. But have you used anything like Tom Tom?

uh huh. But have you used anything like Tom Tom?
    Nope. Guess it might be via Wi-fi that my iPhone is getting location services.

Greg, did you succefully upgraded to 4.3.5 after being on 6.15 ipad baseband thanks LMK.

No I've kept it at 4.1 for now.

I'm having the same issue. When I try the recovery fix with redsnow my phone keeps getting stuck at the 'downloading jailbreak data' screen and then just goes right back into recovery???

Thanks

If you are running redsnow on windows vista/7 make sure to run it in windows xp sp2 compatibility mode.

I am using windows 7 and I did use compatibility mode...anything else I may have missed?

Redsnow also says 'Done!' but the 'next' button never lights or becomes 'finished'.
    Last edited by R1futly; 2011-09-23 at 03:12 AM.