Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I downgraded 3GS from 4.3.5 and now it's stuck in recovery mode

Default I downgraded 3GS from 4.3.5 and now it's stuck in recovery mode
    It wasn't flashed with the iPad baseband. It looked to have downgraded fine, but now it's in recovery mode and won't kick out. I tried Tinyumbrella and iREB 4.0. It also won't restore to 4.3.5 or 4.1 stock or custom for either. I tried pwned DFU mode with redsnow and iREB 4.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This one can be closed. I finally was able to fix the problem.

Default Advice!
    Hey, I'm stuck in the same situation as you. iPad baseband, 4.3.5 custom or stock won't restore, blobs for 4.2.1 and 4.1 as well, also won't restore. What did you do to fix, thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You can always restore to 4.1 firmware.

This what fixed it for me:

Step 1: Download latest TinyUmbrella for Windows Or Mac

Step 2: If you’re running Windows 7 or Vista, do the following procedure after you’ve downloaded TinyUmbrella, don’t launch it as yet.

Right click on TinyUmbrella.exe then click on Properties
    Go to Compatibility tab
    Check Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows XP Service Pack 3.
    In the Privilege Level, check Run this program as an administrator.
    Save the changes

Step 3: Launch TinyUmbrella and go to the Advanced tab. Uncheck Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit.
    -fix-error-3194-2.jpg

Step 4: Once you have unchecked the relevant option, click on Apply Changes. Now restart your PC or Mac for the changes to take effect.

I was getting an error 3194 and a few others before, but 3194 was the last one I was getting. This got me past that.
    Last edited by dalton4life; 2011-09-29 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dalton4life View Post
    This what fixed it for me:

Step 1: Download latest TinyUmbrella for Windows Or Mac

Step 2: If you’re running Windows 7 or Vista, do the following procedure after you’ve downloaded TinyUmbrella, don’t launch it as yet.

Right click on TinyUmbrella.exe then click on Properties
    Go to Compatibility tab
    Check Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows XP Service Pack 3.
    In the Privilege Level, check Run this program as an administrator.
    Save the changes

Step 3: Launch TinyUmbrella and go to the Advanced tab. Uncheck Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit.
    -fix-error-3194-2.jpg

Step 4: Once you have unchecked the relevant option, click on Apply Changes. Now restart your PC or Mac for the changes to take effect.

I was getting an error 3194 and a few others before, but 3194 was the last one I was getting. This got me past that.

Yes!!!! i am so glad i found this!!!! thank you so much!!! this got my $300 phone back alive!!!!! this needs to be sticked for other people. lol. Thank God!!