Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! I can't restore my Iphone 3gs which has ipad baseband and broken power button!!

Post HELP! I can't restore my Iphone 3gs which has ipad baseband and broken power button!!
    Hi there,
    I recently got my 3gs of a friend. I'm not new to iphones and normal can solve most issues, but i am completely stuck as to what to do in the situation ive created

Basically my iphone is running on 4.3.3 with an ipad baseband. It has a white screen, which i know can be solved with a simple reboot, but i cannot reboot it due to having a broken power button. I know the phone works as i can turn it on using a power cable and use voice control to play music. I need to restore the iphone to get it working again but i can't get it into dfu mode to restore it with a custom ipsw

I have tried to put the phoen in dfu by restoring it with a custom firmware that has been edited - a technique i found on the internet - but it just comes up with error 11?? ( i have changed the host files and dont get error 3194)

Is there anything i can do to get my phone restored so it will work again, or will i just have to buy and fix the power button

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The power button is necessary to enter DFU mode and can not be simulated any other way. I suggest getting it fixed.

Is there a way to reboot the iphone without the power button? (draining the battery didn't work :/)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Draining the battery should work. When my phone is battery dead, it automatically reboots after a pre-determined amount of charging. While the phone is working, SBSetting and a few others have an option.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Open your phone and tighten the screw if your sleep/power button sinks into the phone.

If the button itself simply doesn't work, replace it.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcbzr View Post
    Open your phone and tighten the screw if your sleep/power button sinks into the phone.

If the button itself simply doesn't work, replace it.
    I opened it up and the power button works without the screw in and with pressure from my thumb but doesnt work when the screw is in :/