Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS on 4.3.5 trying to get to 4.3.3 (have 4.1 blobs) stuck in DFU

Default 3GS on 4.3.5 trying to get to 4.3.3 (have 4.1 blobs) stuck in DFU
    Hi,
    I have a 3Gs (brother's) that was upgraded to 4.3.5. I tried to use a tethered jailbreak, but then I found out the phone needed an unlock too. That was weird because it was supposed to be unlocked by the providor.
    Looking into Cydia I could see that there were blobs from 4.1. So I figured I could downgrade to 4.1 and then come up to 4.3.3, But I am only having problems. I can get it running on 4.1 and the phone is unlocked without ultrasn0w. However, when I try to get to 4.2.1 or any tother version it just hangs in DFU mode. I have tried Redsnow booting tethered, forcing to pwned DFU, greenpois0n, fix recovery, iREBv4. Tinyumbrella is up and I tried with and without Cydia enabled. I have also tried using sn0wbreeze to make a custom 4.2.1. I have edited my host file as well.

It seems like I can push any version I want to it, but it never comes up again and stays in DFU, black screen.
    Is this because there is a new base band?
    I have not put the ipad BB on it yet.
    Is this even possible to get it to work on a post 4.1 pre 4.3.4 version, on as new base band and without blobs for the different versions?

BTW, my personal 3gs is running 4.2.1 on ipad BB, unlocked and running fine.
    I hate when family members don't listen and upgrade. It really stresses me out.

Can anyone give some input on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
    Rick

When you downgrade to 4.1 you can't then upgrade to 4.2.1 because you don't have any blobs saved for 4.2.1 or higher. If I were you I would just stay on 4.1 and jailbreak and unlock on 4.1.

Quote Originally Posted by jhuff26 View Post
    When you downgrade to 4.1 you can't then upgrade to 4.2.1 because you don't have any blobs saved for 4.2.1 or higher. If I were you I would just stay on 4.1 and jailbreak and unlock on 4.1.
    Thank you for the quick reply. I needed confirmation on that. Now he can just sit on 4.1 and wait. We have his 4.3.5 blobs too, but don't want him to use a tethered JB.
    BTW, I don't have to unlock. the phone just works on 4.1 even after JB. So it must be unlocked by his providor. He told me he called them and they did an unlock. It was just wierd that it would not connect when I tried a tethered JB from 4.3.5 on Redsn0w.
    Thank you.
    Rick
    Last edited by rick78; 2011-09-04 at 11:51 PM. Reason: more info

What is he waiting on?

Hi there,

I don't have any experience jailbreaking iphones, and I couldn't start a new thread. I am posting this, I hope some expert can help me. I bought an Iphone in the states, brought it to Colombia, so I needed to unlock it in order to insert a new SimCard. I tried what it is explained in the web. [How To]: Jailbreak / Unlock / Liberar Iphone 3G, 3GS 4.3.3 - Taringa!

I know, it's in spanish, but basically I tried to Jailbreak iOS 4.32 in iPhone 3GS using Redsn0w. Needless to say, the Iphone is in recovery mode and it is not working. I plug it to Itunes, it starts the restoration, saying that the CAPACITY is n/a, Software Version is n/a, and Serial Number is n/a. It doesn't work, and it says there's an unknown error (usually 1600, or 13xx)

I tried to use Tinyumbrella, but it still is in recovery mode.

When I turn it on, it shows the Itunes icon and the usb cable. I dont know what to do.

I think the problem should be: when I used Redsn0w, I checked the "Install Ipad basband"

PLease Help!!! I need a fix easy to follow!!!!!!

THANKS!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Do you have any shsh blob ?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

jclozada (2011-09-06)

TinyUmbrella says there not SHSHs for my iphone

Use ireb to kick it out of recovery