Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with upgrading from 4.1 (06.15.00) to 4.3.3 - urgent help !!

Default Help with upgrading from 4.1 (06.15.00) to 4.3.3 - urgent help !!
    Hello
    I may have possibly bricked my phone and need some help. My phone is a Jailbroken 3GS with 06.15.00 with IOS 4.1
    I went to upgrade to IOS 4.3.3 using tinyumbrella, but itunes constantly gave me errors 1601, 1604, 1600.
    The ITUNES would be stuck in PREPARING FOR RESTORE for a while.
    I was able to atleast get my phone out of recovery and use it at that point.

So i read about IREB and used IREB, after using IREB, then i followed similar steps above and was able to move past the "preparing to restore" and then next i saw was a apple logo with progress bar on my iphone and then itunes complained about error 1015.

At this point itunes recognizes my phone as in recovery mode and i can't even turn it on or use it or don't know whether the failed software update is messing up my phone.

PLEASE HELP. I think it was jailbroken using ultrasnow(i got it off ebay).

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Assuming you have 4.3.3 SHSH you need to make a custom 4.3.3 firmware with pwnage tool or snowbreeze and restore to that in itunes. Use redsnow 0.9.6rc19 to enter pwned DFU first before trying to restore to the custom firmware (iReb isnt that great). That should get you around the 1015 error.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Assuming you have 4.3.3 SHSH you need to make a custom 4.3.3 firmware with pwnage tool or snowbreeze and restore to that in itunes. Use redsnow 0.9.6rc19 to enter pwned DFU first before trying to restore to the custom firmware (iReb isnt that great). That should get you around the 1015 error.
    Thanks, i will try that. Yes i have SHSH all the way from 3.1.3 upto 4.3.5.

Quick question, could i restore to 4.3.5 while in DFU, i know it will break my unlock and jailbreak and then downgrade back to 4.3.3 ?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

You would still get 1015 error restoring to 4.3.5 so there is not much point to doing that.

Simon
    Thanks so much, i was able to use custom firmware with ultrasnow and then i used pwned dfu with IREB as redsnow would not work.

I am all set.