Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Run multiple versions of iOS on one iPhone

Default Run multiple versions of iOS on one iPhone
    I'm currently running iOS 4.2.1 on my iPhone 3G and have considered downgrading to 3.1.3 for a while now because of the poor performance. But there are some features of iOS 4 I'd still like to have access to from time to time. Is there a way to keep two iOS systems installed on your iPhone at the same time in a similar manner to how OpeniBoot allows you to choose each time you launch whether to launch into iOS or Android?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I don't believe so... which features do you want that you can't get from Cydia on 3.1.3?

Thanks

Well, there is a group of people I know who are working on the "iOSx2 Project" which will allow you to run two versions of iOS side by side. But it is not complete. Progress is being made I believe it is possible to do it on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G(don't hold me to that). Just know that performance may not be superb. I'm going to PM you the link since it is to another forum(It's a link to the group who's working on this projects forum)

~This is not the easiest task if you are not experienced in this field.
    Last edited by iJasonTATE; 2011-08-30 at 01:59 AM.
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I don't believe so... which features do you want that you can't get from Cydia on 3.1.3?
    Main thing are apps...some only work in iOS 4.