Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unable to restore iPhone 3GS

Default Unable to restore iPhone 3GS
    I tried everything possible to restore my iPhone 3GS but nothing seems to be working.

Problems:
    1. I have no idea what firmware version the iPhone has but I am definitely sure its not 4.3.4 or 4.3.5..
    2. It has the iPad baseband which makes restoring from apple out of the question..

this is what i tried:
    I tried restoring using custom ipsw created with sn0wbreeze (4.2.1 & 4.3.3)
    I tried modifying the hosts file
    I tried to use tinyumbrella (Error 2005 when TSS Server is on & error 3194 when its off)
    I chnaged the usb cables and usb ports and tried it on 3 different computers including an iMac..

At this point I am ready to slam the damn thing to the wall. Am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ahmada View Post
    I tried everything possible to restore my iPhone 3GS but nothing seems to be working.

Problems:
    1. I have no idea what firmware version the iPhone has but I am definitely sure its not 4.3.4 or 4.3.5..
    2. It has the iPad baseband which makes restoring from apple out of the question..

this is what i tried:
    I tried to use tinyumbrella (Error 2005 when TSS Server is on & error 3194 when its off)
    I chnaged the usb cables and usb ports and tried it on 3 different computers including an iMac..

At this point I am ready to slam the damn thing to the wall. Am I doing something wrong?
    Yes u are doing everything wrong !
    what u need to do is make a custom 4.1 . make sure set to cydia hosts are off on TinyUmbrella , so u are connecting to apple server straight readjust any hosts files u have played with and make it like new !
    then use iREB4 to enter into a restoreable DFU state,
    then go to itunes , shift click on restore, choose the custom 4.1 u just made and start the process, it should complete with no problem , if u do get a problem just use TU to kick it out of recovery and it will boot up fine, make sure u got the original sim card that came with the iPhone (the original sim lock sim) or u can activate it within Redsn0w or Snowbreeze !

Quote Originally Posted by tarekelmalah View Post
    Yes u are doing everything wrong !
    what u need to do is make a custom 4.1 . make sure set to cydia hosts are off on TinyUmbrella , so u are connecting to apple server straight readjust any hosts files u have played with and make it like new !
    then use iREB4 to enter into a restoreable DFU state,
    then go to itunes , shift click on restore, choose the custom 4.1 u just made and start the process, it should complete with no problem , if u do get a problem just use TU to kick it out of recovery and it will boot up fine, make sure u got the original sim card that came with the iPhone (the original sim lock sim) or u can activate it within Redsn0w or Snowbreeze !
    So ur saying it has nothing to do with SHSH blobs? & Is downgrading to 4.1 (CUstom) possible on all iDevices incluiding iphone 4? The only reason I chose 4.2.1 is because it told me it has SHSH blobs for that particular device..

i thought this question was for a 3GS like it says in the topic ?! , and No it only works on iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS cos of the iPAD baseband , apple wants too keep people from having a bricked iPhone with an iPAD baseband !

and if u have SHSH saved u can restore to that one , just make a custom 4.2.1 and set servers to cydia on tiny umbrella restart ur computer, then run iREB4 and then u can put the 4.2.1 custom restore via iTunes !

i thought this question was for a 3GS like it says in the topic ?! , and No it only works on iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS cos of the iPAD baseband , apple wants too keep people from having a bricked iPhone with an iPAD baseband !

and if u have SHSH saved u can restore to that one , just make a custom 4.2.1 and set servers to cydia on tiny umbrella restart ur computer, then run iREB4 and then u can put the 4.2.1 custom restore via iTunes !
    Oh yeah it is for a 3GS but I was just curious whether you can use the same method for iPhone4 and iPad. I tried downgrading to 4.2.1 with SHSH blobs and it downgraded but it would not kick out of recovery..

Just to update you I did everything you told me but it came back with Error 2005. I know that points to a bad cable but I assure you I tried 3 different cables.
    Last edited by ahmada; 2011-08-14 at 05:08 PM.

like i said u can only use TU to exit recovery on 4.1 or below !
    not 4.2.1

like i said u can only use TU to exit recovery on 4.1 or below !
    not 4.2.1
    It didnt install the custom firmware... It just showed extracting software and then it immediately gave me error 2005.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Error 2005 is related to hardware. Try changing cables, USB ports (direct to computer usb port), or computer.
    http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index....=ITunes_Errors
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-08-14 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Error 2005 is related to hardware. Try changing cables, USB ports (direct to computer usb port), or computer.
    iTunes Errors - The iPhone Wiki
    The problem is I only get error 2005 when I run TU. If I dont run TU I get error 3194

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The problem is I only get error 2005 when I run TU. If I dont run TU I get error 3194
    Any error is bad. Error 20 is hardware related.
    Error 3194 means you need TU running to provide SHSH blobs.
    Fix the errors and success fill follow.

I am just frustrated that error 2005 shows up only when I use TU..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I am just frustrated that error 2005 shows up only when I use TU..
    Sorry, but we can't help your hardware issue and you need TU running to load

Problems:

this is what i tried:

Do u hav a mac

Quote Originally Posted by Chris311126 View Post
    Do u hav a mac
    Yes..

I had the same problem with my Mac and it took me two days to fix it. This is how I did it keep trying to restore it in different ways like pwned dfu,TSS server in tiny umbrella, or any other way til u get the 1015 error on iTunes then I can help u from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris311126 View Post
    I had the same problem with my Mac and it took me two days to fix it. This is how I did it keep trying to restore it in different ways like pwned dfu,TSS server in tiny umbrella, or any other way til u get the 1015 error on iTunes then I can help u from there.
    So ur saying try it with mac not pc???

Mac because u need to use terminal. Sorry

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Your error is hardware related. Try changing all sorts of hardware ... including the computer

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Your error is hardware related. Try changing all sorts of hardware ... including the computer
    You maybe right because I replaced the screen & battery on this phone.. But where do you suggest I get a new battery / screen from that will not let this happen again?

Well I didn't even change any hardware and it still worked
    I dnt know then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast