Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unable to restore iPhone 3GS

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ahmada View Post
    You maybe right because I replaced the screen & battery on this phone.. But where do you suggest I get a new battery / screen from that will not let this happen again?
    The error is related to computer hardware issues. It's possible to be iphone but not likely.

Easy to test, unplug the iPhone, start TU, then start TSS server. Error? Then computer related.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris311126 View Post
    Mac because u need to use terminal. Sorry
    Can you give me instructions on how to restore with terminal??

I got the URL but u need the 1015 error I think. Also can u hold on I need to set up my computer.

ok the url is Fix iTunes error 1015 / Fix Bootloop - Guide - MacRumors Forums so try it out.

I'm just wondering if it worked
    Last edited by Chris311126; 2011-08-14 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarekelmalah View Post
    Yes u are doing everything wrong !
    what u need to do is make a custom 4.1 . make sure set to cydia hosts are off on TinyUmbrella , so u are connecting to apple server straight readjust any hosts files u have played with and make it like new !
    then use iREB4 to enter into a restoreable DFU state,
    then go to itunes , shift click on restore, choose the custom 4.1 u just made and start the process, it should complete with no problem , if u do get a problem just use TU to kick it out of recovery and it will boot up fine, make sure u got the original sim card that came with the iPhone (the original sim lock sim) or u can activate it within Redsn0w or Snowbreeze !
    i tried this. i am having a problem with code 1600 everytime. i tried firmware 4.2.1 .4.3.3 4.1. the only time the screen does anything is if i run redsn0w w 4.2.1 and it goes white for a while then back to black. please help

Quote Originally Posted by mapcg18 View Post
    i tried this. i am having a problem with code 1600 everytime. i tried firmware 4.2.1 .4.3.3 4.1. the only time the screen does anything is if i run redsn0w w 4.2.1 and it goes white for a while then back to black. please help
    I finally fixed my problem but not before I got the same error you got.. The only way to fix it is to reintall iTunes and use iReb (YOU MUST USE iReb or it wont work..) I tried it on 2 different 3GS iphones and it worked flawlessly.

I now need to find out how to update to 4.3.3

thanks. ill try it now!

I am now on f/w 4.1 with ipad baseband. Is there anyway that I can update to 4.3.3 without any problems?

I am now on f/w 4.1 with ipad baseband. Is there anyway that I can update to 4.3.3 without any problems?
    Do you have a shsh file saved for 4.3.3? I think as long as you have the shsh on tiny umbrella u should be ok.

I finally fixed my problem but not before I got the same error you got.. The only way to fix it is to reintall iTunes and use iReb (YOU MUST USE iReb or it wont work..) I tried it on 2 different 3GS iphones and it worked flawlessly.

I now need to find out how to update to 4.3.3
    Oh man, I just found your thread now and I am having the exact problems as you were having. Could you tell me how you fixed it?

I've been completely unable to upgrade from my downgraded-from-5-to-4.1. Not only can I not upgrade to 4.3.3 for which I have SHSH/tiny umbrella/cydia stores, I also am no longer able to update to iOS5. I get the Device not eligible message. Something happens during the downgrade which clearly does something unpleasant. Looks like I'll be getting a new phone after all. Might go second hand 4 instead of 4S.

Hi.

I have jailbroken 2 iPhone3GS successfully using sn0wbreeze and iTunes only. They had the old bootrom.

I'm now trying to jailbreak another iPhone3GS with a new bootrom and i'm getting error 3194.
    I'm able to bypass the 3194 error using TSS TinyUmbrella server but I'm stuck with the 2005 error.
    I know all forums says it's hardware related but I'm afraid not the case here.

I've tried the following processes on my both laptops - 2 different PCs:
    - changing USB ports
    - uninstall/reinstalling iTunes
    - rebooting the computer
    - changing the USB cable to a new one

None of the procedures changes the 2005 error message.

Does anyone have another suggestion?

Thanks!

The only way I managed to get rid of the 2005 error was uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling and older version - iTunes 10.4.1.
    This is the only way I managed to pass this error - of course I still need Tiny Umbrella.

After that I managed to complete the restore process but entered the DFU black screen loop.
    I tried fixing it with every current fix tool without success. Additional restores would give me 1015 or 21 error (redsnow was the only one able to bypass the 21 error).
    The only thing that worked was using Apple's native 'restore and update' process to 5.0.1.

I'm now struggling to find a way to repeat the restore/JB process without getting stuck into DFU blackscreen loop.
    Any comments and suggestions are VERY welcome!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12