Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trying to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3, no SHSH blobs

Default Trying to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3, no SHSH blobs
    First off, I am very sorry if this has been answered before. I tried searching around, but no dice.

I just got a 3GS on 4.3.5. It has never been jailbroken, so Cydia has no SHSH blobs for it.

I am on 05.16.02, if that matters.

So, I have tried downgrading to 4.3.3 ISPWs (both default and pwnage modified). If I DFU the phone with iREB and have tinyumbrella running I have been able to get iTunes to install these, but then it just sticks in DFU mode. I have tried using iREB and FixRecovery to punt it out of DFU mode, but that does not work (FixRecovery scrolls a bunch of stuff on the screen, but leaves it in DFU mode). The only way I get the phone back to working condition is use iTunes to put on 4.3.5 again.

Is there I way to do this that I have been missing? Your expertise and assistance are much appreciated. Thank you (and sorry if I am reposting).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

No shsh means no downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by evt View Post
    First off, I am very sorry if this has been answered before. I tried searching around, but no dice.

I just got a 3GS on 4.3.5. It has never been jailbroken, so Cydia has no SHSH blobs for it.

I am on 05.16.02, if that matters.

So, I have tried downgrading to 4.3.3 ISPWs (both default and pwnage modified). If I DFU the phone with iREB and have tinyumbrella running I have been able to get iTunes to install these, but then it just sticks in DFU mode. I have tried using iREB and FixRecovery to punt it out of DFU mode, but that does not work (FixRecovery scrolls a bunch of stuff on the screen, but leaves it in DFU mode). The only way I get the phone back to working condition is use iTunes to put on 4.3.5 again.

Is there I way to do this that I have been missing? Your expertise and assistance are much appreciated. Thank you (and sorry if I am reposting).

Don't listen to anybody just Follow this>>

Mod edit: removed

I was worried about this 3Gs that i had with 4.3.5 same 5.16++ baseband which was never jailbreaken b4...with no SHSH saved

YES..I have simply downgraded to 4.1 firmware

just follow the link ...it will guide you how to Downgrade it ti 4.1 Custom Firmware..n then update the baseband to 6.15.00 then use ultrasnow to unlock...

nice n clear just like water...

if u really wana get 4.3.3 then after you install 4.1...simply preserve your baseband,create a custom 4.3.3 firmware with snowbreeze then install that..

let us kno how ya doingggg
    Last edited by Simon; 2011-08-13 at 05:35 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Posting links to custom firmware is against forum rules.

That being said, you are correct. Even if you never saved SHSH for your 3GS Apple is still signing 4.1 for iPhone 3GS. So you can make a custom 4.1 firmware with pwnage tool or snowbreeze and restore to that in iTunes.

I would recommend against downloading a custom firmware from any site unless you fully trust that site. It is always best to make your own.

That being said, iYeow was right in that
    "No shsh means no downgrade [to 4.3.3]".

Downgrade to 4.2.1 is still possible, and therefore a JB is still possible. This may change if Apple stops signing them. :/

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Yes yeow was right In what he said. But he may not have known that Apple is still signing 4.1. They aren't signing 4.2.1 afaik though so not sure why you say he can go to that.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    ...Downgrade to ..... is still possible,...
    Maybe this was a type-o and you were thinking 4.1 ?!?!!?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

A little side-comment ... the options have increased recently.

Apple signing 4.1 and iFaith 1.3 are recent additions. A lucky time we're in .