Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware not compatible

Default Firmware not compatible
    hopefully someone can help me. I am on baseband 06.15.00 and firmware 4.2.1 iPhone 3GS stuck in boot loop. i used redsn0w to try and jailbreak, and it got me in DFU. basically all of the tools got me in DFU mode but when i try and shift click+restore on itunes it tells me that none of my firmwares are compatible and i have download about 6 different ones. none are currupt and are all in the 400mb range. i brought the phone used so i dont have any shsh blobs. i would appreciate if someone could help me out

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

That error means you are either using a wrong firmware for your device or it is not in .ipsw format. What device do you have and what is the filenames of the firmware you are trying to restore to?

thank u so much for replying. i was trying basically all of them, 2,1_3.0 2,1_4.0.1 2,1_4.1.2 and got no luck. I downloaded them from firefox and they all say .IPSW at the ends and are shaped as the cubes. i also tried custom firmwares and i have no luck. if i can just get past the firmware not compatible, i will be ok. i have an iPhone 3GS 16gig

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Look at the back of your iPhone where it says "iPhone". Is it dark grey or bright silver?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Look at the back of your iPhone where it says "iPhone". Is it dark grey or bright silver?
    Simon thank u man. As soon as u said that, i checked the back and it is a 3G!. The person i brought it from said 3GS, so i am now running the correct firmware. Thanks man. i Really appreciate it