Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is my phone truly bricked? Need help to see if this is solvable.

Default Is my phone truly bricked? Need help to see if this is solvable.
    Hello all,

I bought a jailbroken phone and all was well, the power button didn't work but this wasn't an issue. However one day, and I still don't know why, I decided to update it through iTunes...it was all going well until the very end when I got a 10xx error message.

So now I have a phone that wants to be plugged into iTunes constantly and that doesn't have a power button so I can't turn it on/off or put it into DFU mode.

I need to somehow restore this phone to its former working self, but I can't figure out how.

I'm not even sure which firmware it was on so I have tried to use TinyUmbrella however the only option I get with this is to kick out of restore mode, which doesn't work, the phone turns off then comes back on to same screen.

I need to fix the 10xx loop but I can't do this because I can't put it into DFU because I don't have a power button. I have tried to use the method of downloading the program and putting it in C directory and running the command in cmd, but this brings back the error: USBMuxListener: No phone.

I think I'm out of options. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Lewis.

isnt that what recboot is for? to put it in dfu mode without using the button combos?

Quote Originally Posted by brendans90 View Post
    isnt that what recboot is for? to put it in dfu mode without using the button combos?
    It looks like RecBoot is to put the phone in recovery mode, not DFU mode.

iPhoDroid LAST DFU looks like it would do it but I am on Windows not Mac

Any other ways?