Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best way to deal with 3G stuck in recovery mode

Default Best way to deal with 3G stuck in recovery mode
    Hi, i jailbroke an IPhone 3G about a year ago for a friend who has subsequently forgotten my advice not to update his iphone!
    I can not remember what firmware he was on, but his phone is now stuck in recovery mode with a 1015 error on itunes when trying to get out of it.
    I have downloaded the 4.3.3 firmware (to make it easier to jailbreak) but the error persists.

What is the easiest way to restore this phone (using a mac) please?!
    Last edited by andyjames; 2011-08-08 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andyjames View Post
    Hi, i jailbroke an IPhone 3G about a year ago for a friend who has subsequently forgotten my advice not to update his iphone!
    I can not remember what firmware he was on, but his phone is now stuck in recovery mode with a 1015 error on itunes when trying to get out of it.
    I have downloaded the 4.3.3 firmware (to make it easier to jailbreak) but the error persists.

What is the easiest way to restore this phone (using a mac) please?!
    if its a 3G just update with itunes normally and then jailbreak , (max upgrade for 3G is 4.2.1 not 4.3.3)

if it is a 3GS then u can go to Tiny Umbrella and click save shsh and see what shsh u can save then u can downgrade too any of the shsh u have saved ! to learn how to downgrade search the forum im sure there is plenty of posts on it !