Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrd from jb 3.1.2 to 4.3.4 :( Any way to dwngrd to 4.3.3 and jb? Need tethering back.

Default Upgrd from jb 3.1.2 to 4.3.4 :( Any way to dwngrd to 4.3.3 and jb? Need tethering back.
    A few weeks ago I decided to take the plunge and finally upgrade to the latest firmware because there where several apps that I couldn't download without upgrading to 4.0 or higher firmware.

Well I didn't do my homework and know that 4.3.4 couldn't be jailbroken I was running 3.1.2 prior to the upgrade. I'd like to downgrade to an earlier version of 4.0 or later so that I can jailbreak and get my tethering ( MyWi ) and My3G back.

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    What SHSH do you have?
    Thanks for your help

Hope im doing this right. I ran Tiny Umbrella and got the following saved SHSH's:

3.1.2 (7D11)
    3.1.3 (7E18)
    4.0 (8A293)
    4.0.1 (8A306)
    4.0.2 (8a400)
    4.1 (8B117)
    4.2.1 (8C148a)
    4.3 (8F190)
    4.3.3 (8J2)

Remember I upgraded from 3.1.2 directly to 4.3.4.

Thanks again, Tom

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Ok, with the 4.3.3 SHSH you can restore to that if you want. Click on the tiny umbrella guide in my sig to see how.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Ok, with the 4.3.3 SHSH you can restore to that if you want. Click on the tiny umbrella guide in my sig to see how.
    Found your guide. Will read it and do what you say. I see that you recently updated it. Is there anything else I should know? What do you recommend to jailbreak again and where is a safe place to get it? I used blackra1n before.

I will start later tonight and hope I don't get stuck.

Thanks again

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

If you go to 4.3.3 just use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak. Nice and easy.

Hi Simon Thanks so much for your help. I took me about 5 hours to downgrade and jailbreak the phone. I had a lot of trouble with the 1015 error. I couldn't get 4.3 to install so finally I tried 4.2.1 and was successful.

I installed Cydia but can't seem to find an option to restore the apps I previously downloaded and paid for. Would you please help me with that?

Thanks again.
    Tom

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

tomfrazier (2011-08-09)

I was able to get my themes (GOC Pro) and Apps that I previously purchased (MyWi) and downloaded from Cydia and Rockapp. Unfortunately I don't remember all the apps that I downloaded and Cydia only has a list of two that I purchased. Ill get thru it over the next few days.

Again I want to thank you for all your help.

Thanks

Might I ask what model phone this was regarding?...3.1.2 to 4.3.3 not working, but 4.2.1 did...sounds like a 3G to me...4.2.1 was last supported version for that phone.

It is my 3gs for sure. I tried 4 or 5 times to downgrade to 4.3 and fix the 1015 error with the latest version of tinyumbrella to no avail. even tried DFU mode several times. It wasn't until I downgraded to 4.2.1 that it worked and I was able to jailbreak. Maybe it has something to do with me running Win7 64bit? I read tinyumbrella sometimes has problems with the 64bit operating system. I don't know. Im happy so far. I also used green poison to jailbreak since there was no link to download jailbreakme on their web page.

As an added bonus, so far I've noticed that 4.2.1 is as fast as 3.1.2 was. 4.3.4 slowed my phone down so much it was really annoying.

Regards,
    Tom