Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Issue with iOS 5 beta 2 activation

Default Issue with iOS 5 beta 2 activation
    My 3GS is currently running iOS beta 2. I have a registered UDID. For some reason today, after I did a hard reboot the iPhone didn't boot into the springboard but into the setup screen that appears when you first turn on an iPhone with iOS 5. And for some reason when I hit the screen where it activates my iPhone it gives me the error message saying that activation server isn't reachable etc.

Now I would just restore etc., except my computer to which this iPhone is synced is currently not available to me and as of right now I can't do anything with the phone. Is there anyway to downgrade or upgrade without losing all my data in the process (I'm pretty sure there isn't, but I thought I better check in here before I give up).

Thanks in advance,

snverhallen

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

beta 2 may have expired on you. You will need the computer you used to set it up with all your stuff to do a proper backup. Then you can go to beta 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    beta 2 may have expired on you. You will need the computer you used to set it up with all your stuff to do a proper backup. Then you can go to beta 4.
    That's what I was afraid of. What is coincidental though, is that yesterday my beta expired and Apple disabled all the UDID's who aren't real developers. See this article: Apple Disabling iOS 5 Beta Installs and Developer Accounts Over Sales of Device Slots? - Mac Rumors

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Ya, I saw a few of those stories. Looks like Apple is taking down the people who are selling dev slots.